Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HelloI find it annoying that the front cigar lighter (12volt power socket) is on all the time.
For example I have a plug in seat heater etc. that if left plugged in would soon flatten the battery without the engine running.
So the question is would it be possible to supply the socket from an ignition switched supply?
I am a retired electrician and it should be a simple matter of locating the appropriate fuse and linking the supply to the socket to an ignition switched supply which could be found in the fuse box.
BUT the big question is are these sockets associated with the CAN Bus or not?
If they are directly wired then it would be an easy matter to sort.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram showing supply's to the fuse box etc. please?
Any help much appreciated.
John

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
If Elsawin doesn't meet your needs then you could register as a private individual for Erwin which carries all the updated info. Fees apply for different types of access:
https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
222 Posts
Each to their own, I suppose but I find the front cigar lighter (12volt power socket) being on all the time is a boon as it means that my journey/security camera can be left on when the vehicle is not attended.

I've a two way switch leading from the cigar lighter so that should I not wish to carry on recording I simply switch it off.

Shanco

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now thats a thought!I was a bit worried that leaving the camera on could flatten the battery but I suppose the consumption is very low?
How long is yours "on" between trips?
Thanks for the reply.
John

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Johntech,
Sometimes I leave the cameras on all night.
Never had a problem with a run down battery when starting in the morning.
Shanco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts