Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at johntech's comments about his in car camera and was wondering if any one had a recommendation. A while back the Enemy was a victim of a low life who braked very hard for no apparent reason, she went into the back of them and, well, you can guess what happened next. We had a rep. come out from the insurance co. who told us that two of them in the car had a record of claiming for whiplash etc.
It makes me wonder if it would be worth considering one. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sorry to hear about your rear end bump.I've got a RoadHawk camera. Hadone for more than 4 years and use a 16GB SD card which I change on the 1st of each month. I keep the used card for 6 months, just in case of a problem.
16GB lasts me for around 1000 miles. Some makes won't work on an Apple computer.
The RoadHawk is not cheap but, they work and the after-sales service is perfect. Mine had a fault after 18 months and they swapped it for a new one at no charge or question.
They can be hard wired or plug into the cigar socket and mount behind the interior mirror out of you line of view.

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
A member of this Forum who doesn't seem to visit any more, sometimes does group buys for such thingson the other forum. You could try dropping Boss fox a pm.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edward, Derek, thanks for the replies - I'm in no rush as the bump happened about 18 months ago to our old Disco, broke the side & head light and bent the bumper a bit, the Laguna was bent like a banana.
I'm going to do a bit of googleing as well before I go any further.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Epicyclic,
I've two in our beastie covering front and rear views. Also put one in wife's Citigo.
Got them at Maplins and they were fairly cheap to buy at only £69.99 for the more expensive HD version. They work on a 2.5 hour loop wih a 16GB card. Also worth mentioning is the fact that they have 'night vision' capability.
You can playback and view on the built in screen or alternatively download to your PC. I also leave them on when I park in an 'iffy' area and make use of the 'permanently live' 12 volt cigarette lighter.
Hope this helps,
Shanco

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a BlackVue mounted facing forward. My son gave it to me as a present when we purchased the car. He bought it through his car forum, Disco3.co.uk, in a group purchase. Other son has just done the same for his Disco. Dear, but good.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts