Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else found how inaccurate the guage is on the no spare-compressor.
I have a very good digital tyre pressure guage with a +/- 0.1psi rating, I checked the tyres, they were all around the 2.5 bar, then I checked them with the guage on the compressor, that read 2 bar.
The difference is quite a bit, more than is safely acceptable in fact, so I am going to nip into the my old workshop at VOSA and have it's calibration tested.
If it is way out, I'm going to the dealers to see what they will do about it, I will let you all know what happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After years of using gauges professionally the most accurate one Iowned was this Michelin item
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michelin-Digital-Tyre-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B000V5F0XQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335612644&sr=8-1

When checked on thecalibrated machine at the Black Rats Lair (Traffic Garage)it was spot on.

On a slightly different note I was amused by the advertising banner at the top of the page offering unlimited amounts of Red Diesel in bulk or in barrels. Is there something you want to tell us Dan?

·
Administrator
13,651 Posts
Although I have a spare wheel I also have a similar thing from Halfrauds in the garage. That is supposed to have an adjustable auto cut-out but it is just as bad as yours. Always a case of when it stops get out the pressure gauge.
Now I've got used to driving at known metric speeds on the maxidot (divide x5 thenmulitply x 3 for mph)
I am working on an easy mental conversion from bar to PSI(? x 14.5038)

·
Administrator
13,651 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
126 Posts
According to my research, the above mentioned tyre pressure gauge is the one to get, I would like one with less buttons, I like to think - less to go wrong.As for the compressor, I forgot I had it. I borrowed a neighbour's the other day, and wasthinking about a replacement for the one I have. Thanks guys, you saved me the bother.

·
Administrator
13,651 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts