Yeti Owners Club banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks like the Yeti might be going soon, but I was emptying the glove box and found something else I never new it had, fastened to the right hand side of the glove box when opened is what looks like a note book clip and a pen holder but I'm sure someone will put me right.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yup, a pen holder and clip for anything that fits in it.

Have you noticed the clip on the inside of the drivers side windscreen pillar?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats my Yeti gone. Now listed on Skoda for £16,995. It’s been a pleasure gentlemen. I’m off to join an EV forum. Looking back at my first post on here I mentioned I’d give the yeti 12 months ! Just didn’t grow on me. Great practicality though.

·
Administrator
5,842 Posts
Come back and let’s us know what you move to and what you think of it. We are always interested in what members move to after a Yeti.

Reactions: Robjon

·
Registered
281 Posts
Come back and let’s us know what you move to and what you think of it. We are always interested in what members move to after a Yeti.
I still love the Yeti but I never should have got the diesel version, the dealer is giving me £9500 for my 2014 Yeti maybe I should have pressed harder for more.

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SE L 2.0TDi 150 4x4 Manual
7,449 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do they tell you in those fora, how much CO2 a typical EV emits during its manufacture?
CO2 is higher at production but after year 4 an average EV starts to pay back it‘s carbon.

Not that this is a motivation or connected to this thread.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Dealers are asking the same now for a 5 year old Yeti,than a 2 year old a few years ago! Some higher spec 4 year olds are being priced around £20,000! Almost their new price in 2017

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Dealers are asking the same now for a 5 year old Yeti,than a 2 year old a few years ago! Some higher spec 4 year olds are being priced around £20,000! Almost their new price in 2017
List on mine in 2017 was over £28k

I've been offered £18500. Suspect it would go on the forecourt around £21k

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
WBAC offer for mine is £750 less than I paid for it 3 years ago at a Skoda dealer. The dealer has sent me two emails offering a good trade in if I buy a new K car from them.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
That cannot be far short of what you paid for it 😲
I didn't but it new, the current offer to me is more than I paid for it.

List when new with options would be about £28500 I believe. With a 10% to 15% discount new that would have been around £24225 to £25650 to the original buyer. You've not been able to get anywhere near those discounts on new popular models for some years though.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Do they tell you in those fora, how much CO2 a typical EV emits during its manufacture?
In fossil burning forums, do they tell you how many kWh of electric is used to get a gallon of fuel out of the ground and to the pump nozzle (nodding donkeys, pipelines, refineries, petrol station lights etc)? 😁

(I'd actually be really interested to know)

Our Yeti reports 42mpg avg for our typical usage and our Leaf reports 3.96mi/kWh avg driven the same way
So, for us 42 miles of electric would be 10.6kWh.

Not a for/against argument, just a thought experiment 😛

Spag

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
10.6 kWhr would cost £1.76 with Octopus Energy or 53 pence with Octopus Go at their off-peak rate of 5p/kWhr. That's cheap motoring (ignoring the capital cost of the vehicle).

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
10.6 kWhr would cost £1.76 with Octopus Energy or 53 pence with Octopus Go at their off-peak rate of 5p/kWhr. That's cheap motoring (ignoring the capital cost of the vehicle).
Octopus are losing a lot of money on wholesale prices at those rates. I hope their business model is sound enough.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Octopus is one of the larger energy providers and when interviewed recently the MD was confident that they would survive. I assume that they have bought energy upfront in advance of the price rises.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Octopus is one of the larger energy providers and when interviewed recently the MD was confident that they would survive. I assume that they have bought energy upfront in advance of the price rises.
As far as I'm aware the grid does not sell electricity in advance so Octopus are affected by short term high prices. What is in their favour is they are a global company so far less at risk from the UK's spike in electricity costs.

Reactions: Jimmy
61 - 80 of 120 Posts