Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day there.
I'm hoping the Yeti experts can help me with info on installation of the Skoda storage boxes designed to be mounted under the Yeti front seats.
I've just ordered and received (from the Czech Rep) left side and right side genuine OEM Skoda under seat storage boxes which come with mounting trays. However, there are no instructions or paperwork and I'm not sure which is the left tray and left box, and which is the right tray and right box. Although requested, I've so far been unable to get any information about how to correctly identify and install the trays and boxes.
I'd really like to have some idea of what I'm doing before I start pulling out front seats or disconnecting anything. So I'd be really grateful if anyone could help with any information about installation, or direct me to any source for instructions in English.
Thanks - poitr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Groiupie, really appreciate the link, although after looking at it, it looks a bit daunting.
Poitr

·
Registered
118 Posts
Like others before me, mine came with the passenger box already fitted and, after much consideration as whether it would be worth the effort for so little additional storage, I finally purchased a driver's side one and fitted it today. I am indebted to everyone who has posted about this on this site and also found the link to the Briskoda site very helpful. I would like to urge anyone who is is intending to do the same, to look at the guide from "Sanqhar" on the Briskoda post AND THEN scroll down to the post from "Nigel", who recommends unbolting the seat rails. I found this was definitely the way to go, but you will need a suitable sized Torx bit to do it. With the seat tipped back it is then fairly staightforward except for the last fixing, which secures the front of the plastic seat trim, but don't let this put you off. Is the extra storage worth the cost and the work? Not really, but it does make the two seats match nicely!

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
It is just about possible to fit without removing the seat, but I have a Facom Nano 360 socket set which made this a bit easier.I find the under seat storage so so useful and once you get used to jumping in reaching down and opening the drawer and dropping your wallet, keys, etc in it, you will wonder how you did without it, it's ideal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes I agree really-the box is a useful addition now I've done it. Incidentally I had read Chocki's advice (good advice on other subjects too, thanks Chocki) in another post regarding its fitting and this also helped me decide to buy one and install it successfully. The partially unbolting and tipping back of the seat (NOT its removal) is not absolutely necessary as he says, but it is an easy step to take and gives so much more clearance for access to those pesky fixings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts