Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2017 L&K Outdoor 1.4 TSi
61 Posts
Aaaagh - just after having to buy a set of JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) screwdrivers to go along with the superficially similar Phillips and PosiDrive so that I could work on my Toyota GT86, I now find that I have to buy a set of XZN sockets. Will the tool buying never end? :)

@Upsidedown - I'll be interested to hear whether you think that the cost and effort is worthwhile in terms of the extra storage space that you gain. I did something similar on a BMW Z4M Roadster and then never used it! My new-to-me Yeti came with the umbrella holder - though no umbrella! - on the passenger seat. I'm thinking of seeing whether a folded hi-viz jacket would fit in there.

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,237 Posts
Just when I thought I'd got a complete set of 'bits' now I have to buy yet another muliple piece set! (Might as well as there are bound to be other sizes I need judging by Flinstone's post.)
As SnowGood just said! Yup - more tools needed! Go on. You know you want to... (y)

You’ll find lots of uses for a small set of triple square bits, once you have them. Lots of relatively small bolts around the engine bay. Several on the rear suspension, etc. They seem to be slowly replacing Torx headed bolts. For lots of European car manufacturers at least. (Dunno about Japanese or Korean?). First time I encountered the type was years ago in 1980s. For the the cylinder head bolts on a Ford RS2000. That used the even older US Ford “Pinto” engine design. I still have the extra long reach, 1/2” drive bit for those. Although I guess the bit diameter is an imperial size, rather than metric?

Since owning the Yeti and Fiat + Ford in my current family fleet, my collection of tools has outgrown three separate toolboxes, each larger than the last. To the extent if I get an even larger box now, it would have to have wheels on, to be “portable”. Or I may stick with three smaller boxes, and differentiate what kind of tools are in each, to avoid spinal injury lifting a larger box into the Yeti when I’m off to service the cars that live more distant from my garage?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Philip - If your Yeti has an umbrella holder under the front of passenger's seat, then it may also have a high-viz jacket holder under the front of driver's seat ;)

·
Registered
2017 L&K Outdoor 1.4 TSi
61 Posts
Philip - If your Yeti has an umbrella holder under the front of passenger's seat, then it may also have a high-viz jacket holder under the front of driver's seat
Thank you very much for the suggestion. Just went out to the car, and guess what's under the driver's seat!

Serendipitously, I had ordered a number of items from skoda-parts.com today, and I had added a genuine Škoda-badged high viz jacket to my order. Although I have way too many high viz jackets already, I couldn't resist it at under 3 euros. Now I have somewhere to put it. (y)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'll be interested to hear whether you think that the cost and effort is worthwhile in terms of the extra storage space that you gain.
My "co-driver" is always leaving cameras, purses, phones, etc in the floor well under the seat so I thought I'd buy her a birthday present so that she can have somewhere proper to store said items. (Whether I'll get away with that gambit is a moot point.) Trouble is of course it just frees up more 'storage' space in the foot well!

To answer your query more directly, yes I think it will be a useful and not terribly expensive solution to loose items sitting around on the floor. (Before anybody responds, yes I know a used 2 litre ice cream container would do the same thing but it wouldn't be anywhere near as neat.)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts