Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am planning to buy a pioneer SPH-DA120 head unit to fit into my 2015 yeti. Has anyone got any experience of doing this? For example are special leads needed? Any help I would be grateful

·
Registered
634 Posts
No experience myself, but there are companies that will sell you all the parts to look after the physical installation of the new head unit, and the electrical side too.
These guys for example.
Or these.

I'm not saying these kit will definitely work, but it would do no harm to drop them an e-mail or give them a call to seek their advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No experience myself, but there are companies that will sell you all the parts to look after the physical installation of the new head unit, and the electrical side too.
These guys for example.
Or these.

I'm not saying these kit will definitely work, but it would do no harm to drop them an e-mail or give them a call to seek their advice.
Great thank you

·
Registered
64 Posts
I fitted an SPH-DA230DAB a couple of months ago. Bought all the kit from Dynamic Sounds. Gave them the car details and they specced everything I needed. Be aware that some of the 2015 vehicles have 2014 wiring looms. This unit and associated wiring etc may be up for sale from this weekend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Possibly. Looking at a new car this weekend

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the same with DynamicSounds supplied kit in a Mazda. Had a minor questions, phoned them, and got immediate and useful technical help from someone who knew what he was talking about. I recommend them.
I plan to do the same when I get a yeti..... learning from doing it on the Mazda was that the unit I bought (Pioneer 250DAB) was a full depth unit - had I bought the equivalent Sony, it would have been much easier as the Sony was a smaller unit, and therefore easier to squeeze in all the cabling and adapters. The Pioneer also takes quite a time to boot up, so again the Sony would have been better for me. I was looking only at Android Auto units though - maybe better options if you don't need that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just a wee bit cheeky.... but if you are selling your current car - I am currently looking for one. Message me the details (and location) - and I may be interested.
I’m in Medway, Kent. 2015 Black Edition 140bhp 4x4. Let’s see what I’m offered px

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 dsg grey
78 Posts
Hello everyone, I am planning to buy a pioneer SPH-DA120 head unit to fit into my 2015 yeti. Has anyone got any experience of doing this? For example are special leads needed? Any help I would be grateful
you will need some connects2 leads for steering wheel control etc & an aerial adapter , plus head unit surround i went to their tech dept & they told me what bits i needed

have a peek a this thread double din head unit instal any questions do ask

mm

·
Registered
6 Posts
I fitted an SPH-DA230DAB a couple of months ago. Bought all the kit from Dynamic Sounds. Gave them the car details and they specced everything I needed. Be aware that some of the 2015 vehicles have 2014 wiring looms. This unit and associated wiring etc may be up for sale from this weekend. View attachment 5919
That looks like a lovely upgrade. Did you lose any of the climate control graphics that come with the Bolero unit?
Kind regards,
Kevin

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,128 Posts
That looks like a lovely upgrade. Did you lose any of the climate control graphics that come with the Bolero unit?
The 2015 cars do not show climate control graphics on the head unit.

Reactions: macmusic
1 - 13 of 13 Posts