Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Point to Ponder On- re Use of Daylight Running Lights.
I had to contact my Insurance Company, and during the conversation I was advised that if my vehicle (Yeti) had the Daylight Running Lights, it would be in my best interest to have them on ALLthe time in daylight, they have been dealing with claims where the other driver/s stated they had not seen the other vehicle/s involved in the accident. These vehicles had Daylight Running Lights fitted but NOTin use, as these lights are a safety feature, by not useing them, any claim would be reduced by a certain percentage.

·
Administrator
13,057 Posts
From memory Daytime Running lights are required on all new cars since April 2011 (or was it 2012)

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Hood said:
From memory Daytime Running lights are required on all new cars since April 2011 (or was it 2012)
Not quite TH.

EU directive was that all new "models" had to have them from 2011, but any face lift of a model that was produced prior to then did not. However, most manufacturers fitted them anyway.

Not sure though if they are required by law to be used if fitted, as the Yeti has the option to turn them off.

Personally, if they are fitted then use them.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Interesting topic. Mine are turned off around town but I turn them on when in the country. I had a look around to get an Australian perspective and while there are design rules for them, there are no rules here as to their use. Insurance companies just say that according to studies it is safer to use them, not that you must/should use them.

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts