Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A point of interest to every Yeti owner.
Have just arranged Fully Comprehensive Insurance for my new SE Plus 170 4x4 for myself, my wife and my 26 year old Son , Total Premium £254 .
It is with LV via the CSMA web site. If you are not a member of the CSMA it will cost you an extra £17.
Well worth a phone call people

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Correct.
Another CSMA member here and very happy with not only the price but the way a claim was dealt with recently.

Currently I'm on the national Motoring Committee.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Another CSMA member here as well. I belive the £17 membership also covers you for uninsured loss, making it even better value!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Graham,
Is the CSMA open to anyone or only to who have, or had, employment with the Civil Service? It appears to be a 'cracking deal' for those who qualify.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Civil Service, Post Office, Telecom, and the like, but not local Councils.
If you PM me who you worked for I can let you know if you are applicable, as I'm on one of the National management committees.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks for the CSMA explanation Graham. I have been using LV (Liverpool Victoria) for three years now. Really like the no nonsense easy to read documentaion. We have just renewedthe Policy on our Yeti 2.0TDi SE for £257. My wife and myself driving, Comprehensive Cover with Foreign Use. Very happy at that. Trouble is there are so many variables between drivers, post codes, yearly mileage, garageingetcthat it is difficult compare quotes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Graham thanks for your explanation. Unfortunately throughout my working life I was with independent private companies. Like Mike Tee I'm with LV and find them efficient and straighforward.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
No problem both.
I've been a member of the CSMA since 1975, and I suspect insured thought Frizzells and now LV=Frizzells almost the whole time. They may not be the cheapest but I have always had excellent service from them, and for me that is what counts more than cheapness. I read about all the problems some people have with claims, etc, and when you find out who the insurer is it is invaraible one of the cheap merchants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts