Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is there less activity on the forum now? Earlier in the year there would be many new post a day but now sometimes there are only one or two. The number of members appears to rise but the number of posts are dropping.

Looking through the members listthere are many who have joined but not not posted - why did they join I wonder! Most of the activity is from the same few who fortunately do want to keep it going but I suppose it is the same with most groups these days many people want to "belong" but not many want to give anything

Just wonder what other people think and also what would make it fly again. The other forum still seems quite busy

Perhaps it's just me getting older and even more grouchy! Look forward to any comments

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
A lot joined because of problems on another site, but as that site now appears to be "behaving" itself they have gone back there.
I use both!

·
Registered
260 Posts
alancooper said:
Is it just me or is there less activity on the forum now? Earlier in the year there would be many new post a day but now sometimes there are only one or two.
Still interested here Alan!

True story; when I picked up our Yeti from the Skoda dealer after it's window tinting we had been driving it every day for about 3+ weeks, as I took the keys of the manager he said "there's a free bottle of special tinted window cleaner in the drawer under the passenger seat". I looked at him strangely as I thought they had done the wrong car. I had vacuumed that car carefully at least twice since we got it and I had not noticed the drawer under the passenger seat.

I think forums need pictures, I like pictures.
I'm going to watch the Monaco F1 qualifying now
Cheers, Rob.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
I also use two forums (but have not been on the other one for a few months). The other forum is much busier but is all Skoda models not just Yeti's, the other forum can also be quite aggressive/unpleasant at times. With this forum being aimed at one model it reduces the potential volume of contributors, and there are frequently times when there are no posts for several days. The lack of posts could put people off which is a shame as this is quite a friendly site. The Yeti also seems to appeal to a higher age group and some may "drop out" due to health problems, or as in Truthseekers case they may end up selling their car, Blackadder defected to Volvo but still drops in now and then. When I joined in September 2011 I was around member number eight, and the first reply to my first post was from Wakev who is still a regular contributor.

At the moment the photographic contributions from the likes of Alan Cooper and the Aussie's are more than enough to keep me coming back.Edited by: The Hood

·
Administrator
4,429 Posts
I looked at the other site when first considering a yeti and there was lots of useful data there, but because of the nature of some responses I never joined their forum, deciding instead to join this one.
I am probably in the age group The Hood refers to and I look at the forum most days, often more than once during the days I am on-line.I have on a number of occasions typed a response to a post and then cleared it as I have thought my comment too trivial or uninformed, but perhaps it's best to post even an inane comment(like this one)and keep the forum ticking over.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
I also use two forums (but have not been on the other one for a few months). The other forum is much busier but is all Skoda models not just Yeti's, the other forum can also be quite aggressive/unpleasant at times. With this forum being aimed at one model it reduces the potential volume of contributors, and there are frequently times when there are no posts for several days. The lack of posts could put people off which is a shame as this is quite a friendly site. The Yeti also seems to appeal to a higher age group and some may "drop out" due to health problems, or as in Truthseekers case they may end up selling their car, Blackadder defected to Volvo but still drops in now and then. When I joined in September 2011 I was around member number eight, and the first reply to my first post was from Wakev who is still a regular contributor.

At the moment the photographic contributions from the likes of Alan Cooper and the Aussie's are more than enough to keep me coming back.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Llanigraham said:
A lot joined because of problems on another site, but as that site now appears to be "behaving" itself they have gone back there.
I use both!

+1 Always look in here first then the other site, will always reply to any post I can help with.

Graham, we are still in trouble with some for taking threads off topic, and posting the carry on type banter
but life to short to worry, and my warning points are still at 0. How do you get them I want some

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok,this might make some of you smile (or not).I did post this some day's ago but it went off into that place of which I know nothing ie: cyber space.Anyhow,it happened and I'm not a happy bunny.We got caught in the rain,proper heavy too and Yodo,bless im,got soaked through.Only upside was that we got to use the wiper's so at least we can rest assured that they work before we set off on our euro road-trip for a month next week.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
wipers get used on a regular basis over here, on my second set of blades now

·
Registered
93 Posts
Suzuki - those tiles on your drive look slippery when wet!

·
Registered
267 Posts
You'll have to trust me on this one.Those tiles are soooooo b!!!!y grippy you would wear the tyre's out if you turned the wheel whilst moving.The old one's had me bottom over top more than once though,hence the change.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
Hi
Suzuki I wonder what your wipers would make of some English "rain" these hailstones were the size of peas and fell on 27/04/13.

Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
267 Posts
Many thank's for that Hoody,proper made my evening that has.It do'es worry me a tad as we aim to hit the uk for a few day's before cracking off over to see friend's in various euro countries.Terminating in Portugal before aiming back home via Seville and Cordoba.Long way to go if it's gonna be raining over there.I'll spend all my time washing and leathering unless the Polish guy's are still running the local hand wash.That'll be the way to go I reckon.I'll try n bring some sunshine over with me,75 today and getting warmer.Summer has arrived at last.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi, I think you will find various reasons for the increase or reduction in traffic on most sites. Some will arrive to gain greater insight about a car when considering a replacement for their current ride. While other join for a short time because of issues that relate to the Yeti (for this forum). On another note; could the lack of traffic be due to the improved weather, people venturing out from the warmth and comfort of their computer armchairs? Others will login on a fairly regular basis for reasons which are obvious when you look beyond the first two mentioned reasons. I have not posted for a couple of weeks and am bold enought to seek forgiveness, but I have been busy building a new computer, getting it up and running and getting used to Windows8 operating system, which is a lot different to XP, as some of you may know.

Some only come to read and make comments about Bobdog's latest escapades and to view his new avatar! Others like to know that Graham has arrived at work safely for the last week or two, to do his bit to keep the trains running (on time).

But just maybe, there is more than one Nora Batty, who's telling him to get out from under her feet!

Do enjoy a bonza day,

Banjobach

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
alancooper said:
Just wonder what other people think and also what would make it fly again.
Personally i would like to see a higher amount of server space allocated for photo's or pdf's etc (say...50 Mb's). Or alternatively, make provision for members to be able to request extra space from an admin. Not all of us can, or want, to put our files on an external server like PhotoBucket and then link from there. It's much easier just to use the forum server and link internally.

alancooper said:
Perhaps it's just me getting older and even more grouchy!

You're not alone there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here is a quick one .Was on the beach yesterday and silly me BOGGED!!!.Anyway plenty of Aussie heavy weights around so tried the front tow hook.Just a side line it is a LEFT HAND THREAD.

IT is a very solid piece of iron -After two. Very solid pulls out she came....

Sorry that's all the news for now.
Pug.Down under......

·
Registered
267 Posts
We're off.Hope there's load's of new's on here by the time we get back next month.Keep well everyone and enjoy every day cos we aint getting any younger.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bon Voyage, hope there's more sun where you're going than we have here (in SW France)!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts