Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have the usual problem with door loom wiring but have intermittent no ignition or dash lights or they just flicker but I have found if I slam the drivers door hard everything comes on can the door loom wiring have this effect on the dash ?? The wiring is shortly to be replaced The car is a 2011 2-0d cr 170 elegance

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
6,777 Posts
I would wait to see if the problem disappears when the door loom is replaced if that's being done shortly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would wait to see if the problem disappears when the door loom is replaced if that's being done shortly.
Thanks for the reply just wondering if the door wiring effected the dash as a person of too many years I couldn’t get my head round it !

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
6,777 Posts
Thanks for the reply just wondering if the door wiring effected the dash as a person of too many years I couldn’t get my head round it !
Me too :)
But stranger things have been known to happen.

·
Registered
450 Posts
can the door loom wiring have this effect on the dash ??
I wouldn't have thought so.
More likely that you have a bad connection somewhere, and the act of slamming the door is jiggling it and making the connection.
A lot of electrics are close to the drivers door, including a fusebox in the end of the dash.

I'm with our Yeti tomorrow. I'll try disconnecting the door harness at the A-pillar, then seeing if the dash lights come on.
If they don't, firstly I'll be surprised, then I'll eat humble pie!

·
Registered
450 Posts
According to this website, the instrument cluster is powered through fuses 4 and 22 in the fusebox in the end of the dash.
I would start my investigations there.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
When mine failed it affected the window, door lock, alarm, interior lights. When you slam the door does it have the same effect every time or just quite often, it could be that slamming the door makes the wires move and contact for a short time. My drivers door speaker still worked as the wires for that did not break, so as mentioned above wait and see if the new loom fixes things.
The can-bus in the Yeti is like a ring main with spurs/controllers branching off which means it has fewer wires, some items don't actually switch on or off but the controller indicates when it does or does not require power.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The dash lights still come on even if the door harness is unplugged...
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

The needles illuminate, and everything works as it should.
So I can't see how replacing the door harness can fix the problem with your dash lights.

I'm glad I tried this, as I found that I had trapped a wire behind the secondary lock on the connector when I replaced the door harness earlier this year. The thin brown wire ...
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

However, turning on the ignition with the door harness disconnected will give you an airbag error and warning light on your dash, so beware!!

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
The dash lights still come on even if the door harness is unplugged...
If a damaged door loom caused dash lights to come on, surely unplugging the harness simulates a total failure of the harness.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If a damaged door loom caused dash lights to come on, surely unplugging the harness simulates a total failure of the harness.
I have assumed that the OP is suffering from the illumination going off when it should be on, not coming on when it should be off.
The Hood seems to have read it the other way around.

Perhaps the OP could clarify which way round the symptoms are?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts