Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skoda's 'Simply Clever' Advert Branded 'Simply Sexist'...

I follow Skoda UK on Twitter and they have been defending (on behalf of Skoda Ireland) a series of adverts that have appeared in the Irish Independent newspaper. The adverts are for their finance options and have caused uproar because of their apparent sexism...

As I understand it, this was the first advert which caused twitter to go mad...

@SkodaIRL hit back saying that "finance offers can be boring so we're being firmly tongue-in-cheek to make it more engaging"

And to balance it out, they also have a 'female' version of the advert...

It's also been picked up by another website who is running an online poll to gauge whether it is sexist or not...

Are these really that bad? Or is it that I'm now 40, I don't see it...?

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
368 Posts
The World went mad ages ago with respect to these kind off issues, sexism, political correctness.I don't have a problem with this, seems quite amusing and as Skoda say, there is a "His and Hers" version.

·
Registered
862 Posts
'PC my **se'

Nothing wrong with this!!!!

Some people need a sense of humour transplant !

Enjoy your shorttime while on the planet make people laugh.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are some of the comments from people complaining...

Personally, I find some of the tweets Skoda-ist...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wow - these people (tweeters) really need to get out more . . . . . 2nd thoughts . . .. better if they stay in.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just checked the poll in the link you posted discosteve. Currently shows 60% think it is fine, 40% think it is sexist which is quite amazing. Am i missing something or are the 40% seeing something that is not there?.
It is just a car advert after all. Guess we are all different tho'

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I'd say it was an advertising success. Balanced (his and hers versions), witty (tongue in cheek), inexpensive (print media) and has got everyone talking about the brand, especially on social media. Some people look at the world too seriously. Congrats and well done Skoda.

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts