Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the "birth" process is underway - straight out of the loins of the Skoda factory and my Snow Monster is now "in transit from factory to Germany port."Sorry if as understandably most folk are underwhelmed but I'm just busting totell somebody!
Emden docks here it comes.......
Sorry to say you will now have this hyperventilating, over excited 60 year old(well nearly) giving a mile by mile, day by day commentry until I pick it up at the beginning of March!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Blimey - that's great news Jooks. Gotta be one of the main events of 2014 this I reckon.Hats off again to your unbelievable patience.
Keep the updates coming.
Can you not collect it earlier or are you waiting for the March plate?

·
Administrator
5,143 Posts
Jooks

We know exactly how you feel. Have a look at http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home

Now you can track the boat across the North Sea. Ships are usuallycalled xxx Highway where xxx is such as ISAR or African. If you zoom in on Emden on satellite view you can see the car dock from where your yeti will be shipped.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I think that March can't come soon enough... for all of us!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rolymo said:
Blimey - that's great news Jooks. Gotta be one of the main events of 2014 this I reckon.Thanks Rolymo, yes it's right up there on the 2014 events list, in importancewith Christmas Day and Sept 7th Fathers Day in Australia.(that was a tad random)
Hats off again to your unbelievable patience.
Patience? Well, it really means that that you folk have (& still will!) have to put up with my postings!
Keep the updates coming. Thanks - latest is a call from my very attentive contact at SUK who is putting a new brochure in the post for me today! Every little helps ........

Can you not collect it earlier or are you waiting for the March plate?
As its arrival & UK prepwill still be about 3 weeks + from today, it will bevery close to 01.03.14 so I will wait. Sigh ....
My next "discussion" will be getting Rainworths to release it on the 1st or 2nd of March as these are reconed to be "sales" days.
+ will there beSUK mudflaps available for F/L models by that time?

Can I get the right ammount of dosh for my old SEAT Altea? All these (thrilling?) questions & more will be answered(I hope) in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Jooks,

Excellent - much better than any crappy old TV soap this is.

Maybe you should start your posts with "previously on Jook's New Yeti" and end with a cliff hanger of some sort at the end.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
You will soon be able to stop drooling over the FL photos on here and post your own
, hope you paid for a first class ticket for the crossing.

·
Administrator
14,853 Posts
JOOKS said:
Sorry to say you will now have this hyperventilating, over excited 60 year old(well nearly) giving a mile by mile, day by day commentry until I pick it up at the beginning of March!

You are by no means the first, I had everyone at work and at home bored rigid by the time mine arrived. With mine it was a week from "birth" to showroom in Mansfield. If yours is ready for collection in a week would you still be able to wait? If you can, I raise my hat to you (if I wore one).

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wile e coyote said:
Congrats
Mine should be being built next week so hope to be a march del also
Thanks YOC members for your input into my "enhanced buying experience" - as a manufacturer would say!
It really has made it a lot more fun than just relying on SWMBO (now don't you feel sorry for the poor unfortunate lady!) & showing limp brochures to my somewhat confused, cairn terrier Molly.
I have even been tracking the odd ship from Emden docks to see if it is going anywhere near Grimsby - not something, I must confess, I have been brave enough to do myself.
Well Wile e coyote, if your new Yeti gets a move on, it may well end up snuggled up to my Yeti for the cruise to the UK. Could be the start of a life long association?
I will of course be performing some sort of sudo-religious service for my YETI on its arrival. (who wouldn't?)
As I am unaware of a Yeti's religion, I do not know if I should anoint the bonnet with Castrol GTX or cut half an inch off the exhaust pipe.
Answers on a post card please ................

·
Administrator
14,853 Posts
JOOKS said:
As I am unaware of a Yeti's religion, I do not know if I should anoint the bonnet with Castrol GTX or cut half an inch off the exhaust pipe.

Sorry GTX is not good enough it needs to be Castrol Edge.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The Hood said:
JOOKS said:

Sorry GTX is not good enough it needs to be Castrol Edge.
Derek, there's no need to get so Edgey about it Yeti nother oil will do. And as to his religion - Buddhist surely.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
JOOKS said:
That would have to be the comment of the year. I can't stop laughing.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
SnowGood said:
Jooks

We know exactly how you feel. Have a look at http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home

Now you can track the boat across the North Sea. Ships are usuallycalled xxx Highway where xxx is such as ISAR or African.
Just had a look at the link SnowGood posted and the vehicle carrier "African Highway" is currently bound for Sheerness (ETA
2014-01-22 20:00 UTC). Fingers crossed it has your Yeti onboard.

·
Administrator
14,853 Posts
Jooks

Just had a look at the tracking website and African Highway is now expected at 2030. maybe we should have a Yeti Owners Club meet at sheerness. Are you really going to leave it standing for a month before collecting it?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The African Queen has docked!!!!!!!!

...excitement and expectations rising.

The Hood said:
...maybe we should have a Yeti Owners Club
meet at sheerness. Are you really going to leave it standing for a
month before collecting it?
Maybe you guys can organise a clandestine "commando" raid and take possession for Jooks. Someone bring a tow rope and someone bring a towing eye for a quick exit out the gate.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
368 Posts
plbxr said:

Wasn't that the boat in the eponymous film with Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn . . . . ?

Can't imagine how Jooks is feeling now . . . . and can he wait till March? . . . . my money is on NO.

Edited by: Rolymo

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Rolymo said:
plbxr said:

Wasn't that the boat in the eponymous film with Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn . . . . ?
Ooooops!!!!

It must be all the excitement about another new Yeti finding a good home.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
5,143 Posts
Then again it could be on the Schelde Highway due in Grimsby on 24 Jan.
If it's a dealer in the north of England it's more likely to be shipped to Grimsby than Sheerness.

·
Administrator
14,853 Posts
Perhaps he did the decent thing and bought SWMBO a Yeti, then he could have one on each boat! So will he wait? He's keeping quiet, perhaps he is changing his mind and is not going to..............

1 - 20 of 32 Posts