Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 564 Posts

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three weeks and 900 miles I've actually seen another Yeti, or to be precise two!
I parked next to a Forest Green Yeti in the car park at the Meadows Marks and Sparks Camberley. Then on the way home I had to give way to a steel grey Yeti on the roundabout at Ceasers Camp near Crowthorne.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Getting very common around here I see one or two every day now, shows how good they are
Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
880 Posts
Only seen a hand full round here, One of which only lives a few hundred yards away and it never seems to leave its driveway. I suppose not every Yeti will have a happy life !

·
Registered
30 Posts
On a visit to Oxford last week the first taxi on the rank was a Yeti. Now that got my attention. Almost took a ride for the fun of it but thought he might not appreciate a 100 yard fare.

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something of a record today, I've seen THREE other Yeti's or is that Yetii?
A blue one near Homebase in Bracknell ( AND THE DRIVER WAVED BACK!!!) and two red ones, one a red 2009 plate parked in a service yard behing an undertakers, and the other a Red 61 plate near Warfield Tesco

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
4 all together at once.

At my dealers
a 10 plate going for £17+k a un requested red one in the showroom and a yeti urban 110 + the demonstrator

apparently they are having 2 Urban's the one they have is the 110 and they have the 1,2 on its way, I do like the look of the wheels, need to get them to swap them onto my yeti

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Four in a showroom, I wonder if that was cheating?

The 2009 red one was in immaculate condition, it still looked showroom fresh. No dents, rust or scratches, and the colour was still vibrant. Red cars used to have a problem with fading (including a volvo that I owned), but no sign of thatat all with this car although three years would have been rather early.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There are quite a few Yeti's in Cambridge now, driven by slowmiserableold farts, off up to Leeds tomorrow, so look out!

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
RedYeti said:
There are quite a few Yeti's in Cambridge now, driven by slowmiserableold farts, off up to Leeds tomorrow, so look out!

And I'm sure they have a high opinion of you too!

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Three Yeti's yesterday!Saw three in one day yesterday, a black one leaving Bracknell towards the M3 but turned of towards Ascot. A white TDI 170at the rare breeds show at the Weald and Downland museum, and a silver one near the Devil's Punch bowl (the silver one was without drl's) no repsonse from any of them!

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is really true. Red, orange and bluecars (with non-metallic paint) fade after some time due to the sun; seen this afternoon a van from a neighbour township (technical services) gone totally fade out. My wife used to drive a red FIAT Punto; when we sold it, it was pink...

·
Registered
54 Posts
HI red yeti.
if you come further north to newcastle and where to come across this old fart in my 170 yeti i might find you in my rear view mirrow i am a fast old grumpy B*******. Like you i do not like slow drivers young and old that do 25mph in a 30 limit and 50 on the motorway. my mate is a wagon driver and when he tries to overtake them they speed up that gets right up his nose, all these drivers do is hold up traffic and course frustration to other drivers, and sometimes can course accidents thats the way i see it

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Middle aged men are prone to going out and buying a motorbike, it sounds like those eligable for concessions go out and buy a Yeti! (mind you not far off that myself!!!!!)

I think I have become more tolerant since getting the Yeti (apart from showing up a bumper hugging mini cooper the other day). Dont they look suprised when they see how a Yeti can move. Otherwise on with the cruise control set at or a couple of mph below the limit. Hope to go to Aachen fairly soon, good chance to blow out some cobwebs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got to agree with the hood no finer thing than showing what a yeti can do in the 0 to 60 range and above in my case well above at odd times,BMW get on my bumper on the motorway left him standing, other drivers get a surprise when they see this sliver surfer leave them standing and in a skoda of all things.
On the subject of motor cycles i would love a big jap machine not the born again biker harley, but the wife put the block on it and she is right to many cars, and a fast bike i would be dead in a week

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been there done that with the motorbike, in my bygone youth I had a Triumph Bonneville T120. It cost me £396 pounds brand new on the road, FGJ 34J it was lovely but I would not go back to another one Ilike the comfort of the Yeti too much.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had a few bikes in the distant passed BSA c15 A7ss A10 and a norton dominator not the fastest of bikes had a few spills on ice and oil on the road come of once and broke my leg, when you look at new jap machines no wonder the british motorcycle industry went bust no investment, when they tried to catch up it was to late so sad

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
arceye said:
when you look at new jap machines no wonder the british motorcycle industry went bust no investment, when they tried to catch up it was to late so sad
They almost did it though, one year there was a Triumph Trident (750cc triple) used on the Isle of Man during the TT by the officials. It was only slightly modded and could break the speed limit in first gear!
That was a truelow reving superbike unlike the Japanese"rice grinders" but as you say they lost their chance in spite of Tony Ben coming in too late.

I also used to wonder where all the bikes with a Triumph frame and Norton engine ended up.

1 - 20 of 564 Posts