Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi As my car is gradually getting further away (was week 48, now week 1 2012) I am consoling myself reading the handbook (downloaded from another forum recommended to me). I have speced for a spare wheel and jack, but the jack and jacking points do not look good. Are the jacking points for a trolley jack and axle stands easy/obvious to find? The jack looks worryingly like the rubbish supplied with my wifes Ford which is supposed to be located on a seam under the sill!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
Hi As my car is gradually getting further away (was week 48, now week 1 2012) I am consoling myself reading the handbook (downloaded from another forum recommended to me). I have speced for a spare wheel and jack, but the jack and jacking points do not look good. Are the jacking points for a trolley jack and axle stands easy/obvious to find? The jack looks worryingly like the rubbish supplied with my wifes Ford which is supposed to be located on a seam under the sill!!!!
Hi if you use a trolley jack you will need a small block of wood with a slot cut into it to fit the seam on the sill.

The recommended jacking points are the only place to jack the yeti they are strong and will take the load, you will see when you get your yeti that it has stickers on the wishbones of the suspension telling you not to jack under them

·
Administrator
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I always try and use a hydraulic jack (trolley or bottle) whenever I can, rather than a supplied jack. I also like to use axle stands, is there anywhere safe to position those?

It sounds like I will need to keep an eye on the tyre fitters when I eventually need replacement tyres. I am surprised there is not a beam or reinforced point for suspending the car when the wheels are off.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi you should be able to place the axle stands on any part of the sub frame that looks strong enough will be easy to see when the yeti it jacked up.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Had to tax my yeti 1.2tsi for six months when waiting for my 110 4x4, it arrived 3 weeks before the tax ran out hope you get some good news soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts