Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago, our 9yr. old Honda was due it's MOT and Service and I knew it was going to cost about £350, my wife said it was about time we changed the car (The Honda has never broken down not even a light out!) she said make it one of your summer projects, we wanted an estate type vehicle.I researched on the Web Honda CRV's, Ford Kuga, Qashqai, and Hyundai Ix35, and then a prompt appeared which said "If you are looking at these vehicles you should consider the Skoda Yeti.
I then went on to read everything about the "Yeti" the reviews were outstanding, the vehicle looks stunning, I knew then that the "Yeti" was for us.

The following day I went from our village into the Town (Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex) on the way back I decided to go into Honda Bexhill, to get some brochures, as I drove in there looking at me was this stunning Candy White Skoda Yeti, in immaculate condition, I could not believe it.

I asked the salesman not to sell it and give me first refusal, I went home and took my wife back to look at it. She likewise fell in love with it, we arranged a test drive the following day, and on returning the vehicle we were given a very good price for our Honda, and we purchased the Skoda Yeti.

So the summer project was done and dusted in just 3 days ! we collected the Yeti 7 days ago, and have just used it locally, we have fitted a tailgate guard as we have 5 standard smooth dachshunds.

Today we went to Brighton & Hove, and it was wonderful to drive, very responsive, and the flexible gears gave us 44miles to the gallon. It is very comfortable, this is a fabulous vehicle, I cant think of anything negative to say about it.

Can someone advise me, on the way to Brighton a Yeti came in the opposite direction, it was red and towing a caravan, the driver flashed his lights and waved as we passed. Is this what Yeti drivers normally do ? like the RAC motorcycle combination riders did years ago as they passed and spotted your RAC badge, but they did not wave, they saluted.
Many Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
Hi
Welcome to the Forum I am sure you will travel many happy miles in your Snow Monster. As with other Yeti owners I tend to "flash and wave" (the last time I spoke about flashing Tech yeti told me off!).
So far I have had very few responses, I was round your way the other day (scenic route home from Hole Park Gardens and Scotney Castle). So if you see someone in an Aqua Blue Yeti waving it might be me!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the club. Which engine and spec is your new yetiFlash and wave is normal to some of us, but other times you get a strange look

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
Hi
(the last time I spoke about flashing Tech yeti told me off!).

Your only supposed to do it when you are driving your yeti,
not when your walking

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome to the forum pickardach
You'll definitely get a wave from me if I see you round here (flashing tends to imply speed cameras). We'll also shout you both one of the local banana splits!
Happy travels, Rob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi wakev,Many thanks for your reply, I am trying to get used to this site, no doubt I will find out about all the bits work.
The Skoda Yeti we have is the 1.2 TSI, its fabulous to drive. My wife took it this morning on her own to Brighton, and she was very impressed, and had a wonderful drive.
Thanks again for your reply.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
My first yeti was the 1.2tsi se, loved it but living in a small village where the gritters don't get to very often, and doing claypigeon shooting which has a mudtrackandcar park needed the 4x4, so traded up to the 110tdi 4x4 with a few toys

hope to go for theelegancenexttime hopefully next year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your post, having only had the vehicle a short time, we have already decided that we would run this "Yeti" on and then do an upgrade, the "Yeti" is iconic, everyone seems to stare as you park, and some people ask "What is it"

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi there all.
Just ordered a new yeti 1.2 dsg Elegance and thought I would check out the site. Current car is VW Golf 1.4 tsi dsg Match, so not a lot of change with the fiddly bits under the bonnet. Had three Skodas in the past (many years ago - pre VW - but we won't talk about them on a family site!). I and swmbo were both very impressed with the quality of the Yeti, both liked the easier access to front (much better than Golf entry)
Has anyone owned VW Golf 1.4 dsg, if so, how do they find the Yeti in comparison? Also, I ordered mine in Rosso Brunello with Ghobi leather - what colour do the rest of the interior fittings come in, as the sales rep was not sure, and can I get walnut cappingsfor it - if so, what price roughly? I can't wait to get hold of it - but I will have to curb my impatience umtil mid=September when my current lease runs out.

paulthepedant

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome, you will find the 1.2 is a little gem mine was a manual so can't comment on the dsg, or the comparison between the VW 1.4 and the yeti.

I had a MG zr 1.4 before my yeti 1.2 and the yeti would out perform the MG hands down, I was surprised how much power it had being in a larger heavier car, when I ordered it I could only test drive the 1.8 as the yeti had only been available for a month or two, and when it arrived after a 6 month wait I was very pleased with the performance, only got my current 110tdi because I need the 4x4.

·
Registered
93 Posts
^^ agree, the1.2 is astonishing! Only 1500kms on ours so far but it's proving to be more than meaty enough for the size of the car - very happy with it

·
Registered
260 Posts
paulthepedant said:
Hi there all.
Just ordered a new yeti 1.2 dsg Elegance and thought I would check out the site. Current car is VW Golf 1.4 tsi dsg Match,
Has anyone owned VW Golf 1.4 dsg, if so, how do they find the Yeti in comparison? 

paulthepedant
Hi Paul
We have a MkV Golf GTI DSG, not the same I know but our Yeti's DSG is far smoother in operation and pickup from standstill than the Golf's ever was. We have had the GTI since new, it's never let us down but the Yeti is smoother, albeit with less acceleration.
All the best, Rob.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks for all the replies - all are confirmation that I seem to have made a good move. I had a Skoda S1000MB many years ago - then two Estelles (very different to the cars from the VW stable) Now you no longer need to hold them together with string and sellotape!!

Look forward to many more posts in the future - but not as much as getting my hands on my new car!
Regards Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts