Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,553 Posts
Did you get this figured out? I assume the light is not supposed to flash unless you press a button. Did changing the battery fix the flashing light and the boot opening? A friend of mine is having the same problem. Curious how it was fixed. Many thanks
Red4danger posted that nearly 4 years ago and has not visited the site for nearly 3 years.

Could it be a button jammed down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Red4danger posted that nearly 4 years ago and has not visited the site for nearly 3 years.

Could it be a button jammed down?
I haven't looked at her remote but she said she switched to the other remote and has same problem with boot popping open. I don't know about the flashing light. I will dig into it some more. The boot popping is the big problem. It does it while she is driving and I saw it happen while we were standing in the driveway talking...

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,553 Posts
Does the boot shut easily or does it need a hefty push?

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
6,107 Posts
Did you get this figured out? I assume the light is not supposed to flash unless you press a button. Did changing the battery fix the flashing light and the boot opening? A friend of mine is having the same problem. Curious how it was fixed. Many thanks
You are trying to get an answer to a thread 4 years old of a member who hasn't posted for 2 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I know this is an old post but looks like the exact same problem I am trying to solve and maybe someone knows what fixed it. She did get a new battery yesterday but she hasn't said if it helped (she may not know since it does it randomly). A stuck button makes sense to me so if it isn't fixed, we will try and clean the fob. If it matters, this is a 2015 Jetta TDI in the US. Thanks to all for reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Slightly off topic but recently had a key fob repair cheaply including return post. The buttons had broken off the circuit board. Avoids buying a expensive new fob from Car manafacturer or re-programming other key for your car which sounded very tenuous….

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,128 Posts
Slightly off topic but recently had a key fob repair cheaply including return post. The buttons had broken off the circuit board. Avoids buying a expensive new fob from Car manafacturer or re-programming other key for your car which sounded very tenuous….
It’s usually possible to buy just an empty shell key fob. That includes new press buttons. Then swap the original circuit board and electronics, plus metal prong/key, into the new shell. No expensive reprogramming needed.
was that not feasible in the circumstances?

·
Registered
1 Posts

It's an old thread, but I've just started having the same issue on one of my key fobs. Occasionally it just seems to start flashing red on the fob, and the boot keeps popping open. Pushing the boot button seems to fix the issue sometimes.
Appears like a jammed down button, but the key fob is fine, buttons click OK.
Did anyone pin down the issue? Assuming it's time for a new key fob.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It could be contamination in the switch button (inside the fob), it’s worth taking the outer cover of and spraying some switch cleaner in it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts