Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the digital display on the driver information screen to show the current speed in mph ?I have looked in the opps maual and on the menu's but dont seem to be able to change it. Is it a dealer only change perhaps.
Everything else is in mph so i dont understand how this is in kph.
Also when playing music off the SD card can it be played ramdomly so it skips between albums or just plays random from one album at a time ?
Hope the questions make sense

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi have a look in the HOW TO section of the forum under HELP ALTERNATIVE SECOND SPEEDall the info is there
As for the SD card playing random tracks, I think if you have all your music in files under artist name ortitle you need to have one track separate to make it go random throughout the SD card. could be wrong but someone with more knowledge on this will be along soon.
Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
290 Posts
KPH to MPH needs a VCDS cable and software, look at other posts using VCDS, then ask for someone near to where you live to do it for you for a small fee, cause they cost money.

·
Administrator
14,600 Posts
Hi
The display can be changed from KPH to MPH. My car is a 2012 build and may behave differently to earlier models. The display I favour shows the speed, temperature and current fuel consumption all at the same time ,as in picture 1. When my car was changed to "Australian" another option became available, alt speed disp, as inpicture 2. When I check this box I get MPH instead of KPH plus the temperature but no fuel consumption, as in picture 3. To get mph I scroll through the options with the left hand rotary button which removes the other items i.e. consumption, oil temperature etc. I have found that when I drive without the current fuel consumption displayed I get around 6 or 7 mpg less.
Checking and unchecking the alt disp box switches between MPH and KPH.

·
Administrator
5,032 Posts
DerekCan you expand on "when I drive without the current fuel consumption displayed I get around 6 or 7 mpg less."

Is this because you tend to drive with a heavier right foot if not constantly reminded of your driving style or is it some other peculiarity of theMFD that makes cars less fuel efficient?

·
Administrator
14,600 Posts
Hi When I drive I like to have the current mpg displayed as it is often possible to increase mpg by reducing foot pressurewithout affectingroad speed.The normal average when I arrive at work isindicated as 56/57 mpg, I tried several days using the maxidot showing MPH which meant that I lost the other part of the display (current mpg) and comsuption was then indicated as an average of48/49 mpg. A loss of around 7 mpg is quite a lot, I can generally get good mpg by listening to the engine tone as I drive,but the current consumption reading allows me to improve it further.
There are sveral other options, I may try making my car Canadian, American etc to see if one gives the option of MPG with the other items displayed at the same time. At the moment I have gone back to KPH

Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just be careful of changing to American settings as their miles and gallons are different for some reason. Bl**dy colonists.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts