Yeti Owners Club banner

L8HNB

5K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  Epicyclic 
#1 ·
Went to a wedding this weekend and look what we parked next to, a Pacific Blue (non-metallic) 2WD Yeti that was only 2 weeks old! Only managed a very quick chat with the owners, they seemed very pleased with their new toy. There was another light blue Yetiin the row behind but couldn't get a photo of all three.

See less See more
#4 ·
Bit off piste this comment but today I could notget out into a long long line of trafficBUT a YETI owner in a newish met beigecar stopped & let me out, Brilliant! I gave him a wave but that may have confused the poor chap.( though I was in SWMBO's Altea!)
Yeti driver must have been the owner as he had a white close cropped beard!
Serious question now - will I have to grow a beard ( I know Suzz has a stick-on one) when my baby arrives next year?

#5 ·
JOOKS said:
Bit off piste this comment but today I could notget out into a long long line of trafficBUT a YETI owner in a newish met beigecar stopped & let me out, Brilliant! I gave him a wave but that may have confused the poor chap.( though I was in SWMBO's Altea!)
Serious question now - will I have to grow a beard ( I know Suzz has a stick-on one) when my baby arrives next year? OR are the "Hood style" wild eye brows suficient?

#7 ·
JOOKS said:
Serious question now - will I have to grow a beard ( I know Suzz has a stick-on one) when my baby arrives next year?
Yep, I've got a white beard - not very close cropped this time of year though, lads at the local call me FX...

#8 ·
Love it Epic, so the answers YES then!What a great pic.
That's what is great about this forum helpful, friendly and a goos sport!
Where waspic taken?

#9 ·
Yep, get bearding
Funnily enough the chap driving a Cappuccino coloured one the other day had a white beard too...
Pic was taken on top of Mynydd Bodafon, aka Summit Hill the highest point on Anglesey, when we went back in September of this year. We had just found a geocache a few yards from the trig, it was blowing a gale but the sun came out just before we got to the top and the views were amazing.

#10 ·
Saw a silver 2wd '60 plate in the car park at the doc's today, guess what he sported (beside a Yeti)

Bought a set (4) of "fat fives" off the bay of fleas for some four seasons tyres when I've cleaned them up.

The enemy has ours up in the Bury area at the moment so watch out Lancashire...
Edited by: Epicyclic

#11 ·
Went up to Market Drayton yesterday to collect 4 s/h alloys I picked up on ebay for £50 from a chap that had them on his drift car apparently. Well pleased with them so far. Just cleaned two up, one has obviously been a spare and is almost like new, the other has some bubbling but no kerbing marks, I think this is the worst one, as shown in the photo- haven't had time to look at the other two properly. They are from an Audi A6, part no. 8D0 601 0250, 7J x16, ET45 so should be just the job for a set of winter tyres.

While we were there we did a few geocaches which meant a bit of a trek around the Shropshire lanes
which was nice on such a lovely sunny day, had some cracking walks too! Anyway, took a photo of the Yeti when we got back just to show how effective (or not
) the mud flaps are. Might even wash it tomorrow....

#13 ·
I reckon a bit of Dremel action will see the Audi rings off, coat of paint or perhaps a Skoda sticker should sort it!

#16 ·
wakev said:
Windows must have been dirty you missed the drive
, looks good. now drive it slowly off the grass or you will get mud on it again.

Couldn't get on it, we had solar panels fitted yesterday and the company sent a big van with a four wheel trailer and two smaller vans with a total of five blokes (= 4 coffee's + 1 tea
- all milk with one sugar "if we keep it simple we usually get offered another one") All fitted between 10:45 and 16:15, mess cleared up, 1 more round of brews and away by 16:30. Very impressed.

The enemy went to work in it today and its nearly as bad as it was before, her turn to wash it next

#17 ·

Couldn't get on it, we had solar panels fitted yesterday[/QUOTE]

Just in case you are not aware, when you register for FIT payments the company you register with are legally obliged to handle them for the full twenty five years. If you change energy suppliers at a later date you can leave your FIT payments with your current supplier. It took ages to find this out when we changed energy suppliers.

#18 ·
Thanks Derek, the co. we went with were recommended and very professional with that type of info. as well as their installation.

We are not with any of the big 6 energy suppliers, the co. we are with have also been very helpful with advice and what I need to do to get a new meter for the full remote control of switching appliances on as required.

#19 ·
Took a ton of scrap to the yard today, about 9 miles away. Trailer weighs just under 500kg, heavy plant jobbie. I was very pleased how the yeti handled it, plenty of go and stop! The trailer must take some credit as well as its very well balanced - coming home it was like it wasn't there, except for the extra width 25cm either side I guess. It was fun reversing it onto the weighbridge though, been a while since I reversed anything as long as that

#20 ·
JOOKS said:
I do hope that i don't have to grow one

#21 ·
I think your ok on that one Pat, it's just that there seems to be a lot of "gentlemen" withwhite beards behind the wheels of Yeti's

Paulthepedant and I are the only ones <strike>daft</strike> brave enough to post piccys though.....

#22 ·
Epicyclic said:
I think your ok on that one Pat, it's just that there seems to be a lot of "gentlemen" withwhite beards behind the wheels of Yeti's

Paulthepedant and I are the only ones <strike>daft</strike> brave enough to post piccys though.....

Mines been there since long before the real yeti was heard of (around45 years now)the beardcould sing !"I've grown accustomed to this face), with apologies to Dean Martin!

#23 ·
paulthepedant said:
Mines been there since long before the real yeti was heard of (around45 years now)the beardcould sing !"I've grown accustomed to this face), with apologies to Dean Martin!

25 years mine, Paul, but then I'm only a lad

#24 ·
The enemy drove me inour Yeti along a road in the Cotswolds that was un-tarmaced for bet part of 2 miles this morning, lots of potholes and water probably up to 9" deep with some undulations and steep bits, it actually went surprisingly well! We did have some scraping in a couple of places but as we have the off-road package we just pressed on. I didn't think to hit the off-road button on until we were sliding sideways around a heavily cambered corner.

I was very conscious of the low profile tyres though, a very unforgiving ride, can't wait to get the 16" wheels and four seasons tyres on now.

It was even dirtier than normal when we got out but driving home most of the crud hadwashed off. Sorry, I didn't think to take any piccys - wish I had!

#26 ·
Here is our new (to us) Yeti before we replaced the number plates with our L8HNB...
Edited by: Epicyclic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.