Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
66 plate Monte Carlo purchased from main dealers Nov 2019 with 22,000 miles on the clock with full Skoda warranty.
Front passenger footwell absolutely saturated. Checked scuttle tray and cleaned it out. Water runs down via front wheel arches. Have seen water ingress dripping down from front passenger side centre console onto carpet. Skoda cannot get me in until a months time as no courtesy car availability of which they said they’d charge me £19.99 for the privilege of using it. I hope this is covered under Skoda warranty as car is smelling of mildew & carpets drenched. I’m annoyed as it could cause damage to electrics & i’m furious as I paid £12,500 cash for this car literally 3 months ago. I’ve seen numerous people having similar issues on various sites & mine has NOT got a sunroof. Has anyone had a similar issue and if so did Skoda correct the issue under warranty? Utterly poor beyond words!!! :(

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
6,510 Posts
That’s odd in a car that doesn’t have a sunroof. Definitely a dealer rectification job. I would guess the car may need a day or more to dry out, even assuming the source was easily traced? Hence the dealer needs a longer than normal workshop slot. They’ll have plenty of cars “drying out” at the moment, after being driven, parked or abandoned in floods.

The £19.99 is likely to be an insurance premium for multiple days, rather than a charge for using the courtesy car as such. Not uncommon on the few times I’ve used dealers in the last 4-5 years.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s odd in a car that doesn’t have a sunroof. Definitely a dealer rectification job. I would guess the car may need a day or more to dry out, even assuming the source was easily traced? Hence the dealer needs a longer than normal workshop slot. They’ll have plenty of cars “drying out” at the moment, after being driven, parked or abandoned in floods.

The £19.99 is likely to be an insurance premium for multiple days, rather than a charge for using the courtesy car as such. Not uncommon on the few times I’ve used dealers in the last 4-5 years.

Good Luck
Thanks, it’s the wait that’s concerning me the most as we now another another week of rain to contend with & not sure of source? Was thinking of getting a car cover until then, but gutted to be doing this after such a short period of ownership. ?

·
Premium Member
6,510 Posts
I can totally sympathise with the delay. Unfortunately for rectification work like this I guess you are stuck with the supplying dealer. Not able to go elsewhere?

Regrettably though, I suspect all any of us can offer is sympathy. Water leaks among cars with no sunroofs being relatively rare by comparison. If not unknown? I’m just wondering if your car has any history of accident damage that may have left some hidden seals open? Unlikely? Or a replacement windscreen that hasn’t sealed properly? Again, probably difficult to tell, apart from looking for the fine print at the bottom corner of the windscreen for makers name, etc. All remote possibilities for cause though.

The time taken to get dealer appointments, even for routine servicing, then the hassle of taking the car in, etc. Is one of several factors that turned me into a keen DIYer for all but major work. As soon as a car is out of warranty. E.G. it takes me half the time to complete an oil and filter change, than it would to simply drive to the nearest Skoda garage and back.

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
My wife has a Ford which was bought brand new. Going round a roundabout there was a waterfall from the headlining, the windscreen had not been sealed properly at the factory, a replacement windscreen cured the problem. I wonder if sealing around the screen with tape might make a difference.

A car I owned previously leaked around the wiper spindles which was cured by a quarter of a turn with a spanner.

As regards the charge for the loan car I have found that for servicing etc there has tended to be an insurance cost, but when the loan car is due to the dealers actions they have waived the cost, are you able to cover the loan car with your own existing car insurance?

·
Premium Member
6,510 Posts
As The Hood says, it may be worth a quick call to your own insurer, to check if your existing policy covers you (Comp or 3rd Party?), for a courtesy car loaned you while your regular car is in the dealer’s workshop for a few days? If it does, then when you take your car in to swap for the courtesy car. Firstly take your insurance documents with you, to show the clause that says your covered. Secondly so if the dealer needs to speak to your insurer directly to verify the type of cover in the circumstances, your insurer will have a record of your call to check.

The wait, I can do nothing about. Other than say also be prepared for a wait at the insurer’s call centre. They’ll be inundated just now with all the calls for flood damage to cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts