Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have seen these but don't like the idea of snap locking a resistor into the wiring. Will wait to see if Superskoda have developed a bulb that does not require this being done - if not, then will stick to the standard set up. Thanks for the info just the same.

·
Registered
290 Posts
ET12UFO said:
Yes, I have seen these but don't like the idea of snap locking a resistor into the wiring. Will wait to see if Superskoda have developed a bulb that does not require this being done.
The CanBus has to fooled into thinking that the draw is approx 12 watts per bulb, and as an LED DRL only draws 1 or 2 watts the bulb warning will come on. A resistor of the correct value is the only way to do this, and unfortunately this causes heat which needs dispersing.
I have seen others advertised, but they have also stated that a resistor has to used if the CanBus continues to give error after fitting.
LED side lamp bulbs can have a built in circuit to do this because the draw is only 5 watts and overheating is not a problem.

Edited by: Tech-Yeti

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had a reply from Superskoda in relation to my enquiry about whether separate resistors required - "
it will be in the set, don´t worry...".I take that to mean that they will be required - **** it!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm delighted to discover that my Urban has DLR's! Does anyone know the bulb type / number for the DLR's as I'm going to give some LED bulbs that say thay have a built in resistor ago and I'll report back! I've seen these on ebay and think it's work a go for £6...

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Those are SIDE LIGHT bulbs.

DRL are a special bulb, P13W.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts