Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I may take a punt on the Inspection camera. Maybe it can help me find the rattle . . . . .

·
Registered
465 Posts
The ever popular Lidl oil pump is back on sale on the 13th along with a charger and several other "toys". Oil pump link
Thanks for that Hood.

Having got the grandkids to their respective sleepovers today, managed to make it to a Lidl, Greenford, West London.

Not holding out much hope as I'm usually to late on these offers, I popped in.

Purchased a pump, it looks sturdy enough and will replace my ancient one, assuming I can find it.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Wondering if you purchased one and what's it like in use?
No, I didn't bother to get one. I don't need one at the moment so I managed to suppress the 'want one' reaction. One concern I had was where I'd get the consumables from. There's a lot on ebay in many different sizes so that would likely be the source as it certainly wouldn't be Lidl.

·
Registered
94 Posts
From the pic, the plasma cutter looked very much like a Chinese one I got from Ebay about 10 years ago for £300.
I got it specifically when doing a shell restoration on an old Moggy, which needed a fabrication of a few fiddly bits of chassis fabrication, and a bit of 'minor' surgery to shoehorn a modern 16v engine in.
I budgeted for the cutter to be a consumable item as part of the project, but much to my surprise, it survived and is still going strong!

Spag

·
Registered
465 Posts
No, I didn't bother to get one. I don't need one at the moment so I managed to suppress the 'want one' reaction. One concern I had was where I'd get the consumables from. There's a lot on ebay in many different sizes so that would likely be the source as it certainly wouldn't be Lidl.
From the pic, the plasma cutter looked very much like a Chinese one I got from Ebay about 10 years ago for £300.
I got it specifically when doing a shell restoration on an old Moggy, which needed a fabrication of a few fiddly bits of chassis fabrication, and a bit of 'minor' surgery to shoehorn a modern 16v engine in.
I budgeted for the cutter to be a consumable item as part of the project, but much to my surprise, it survived and is still going strong!

Spag
Thank you, both of you.

Would the Lidl model require a separate air compressor?

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
Would the Lidl model require a separate air compressor?
Its in the details online.
""Must be used with a compressor – not included - Rear compressed air connection including pressure reducer""

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used a plasma cutter during a night school evening class, quite a scary toy. MIG, TIG, Oxy and plasma a very enjoyable course. Something I would tend to hire IF I needed one then less storage problems.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Its in the details online.
""Must be used with a compressor – not included - Rear compressed air connection including pressure reducer""
I briefly read the online spec' missed it, thanks Urrell.

Been looking at plasma cutters today online, various models/prices and came across several with built in ACs and am wondering if any reader had used one and how it compared to a cutter with a separate AC?

I used a plasma cutter during a night school evening class, quite a scary toy. MIG, TIG, Oxy and plasma a very enjoyable course. Something I would tend to hire IF I needed one then less storage problems.
Makes sense but so do like to own my own tools.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Me too, I needed to fit a kitchen worktop and treated myself to a Festool circular saw and guide, luverley :giggle:
Oh yes, nice, one of our daughters will only buy Festool, a quality brand she is very happy with.

For me, not overrated but more expensive for what they are.

For power tools, I stick to Milwaukee and Makita mostly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts