Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we had a road trip in the school holidays. We set off from home then to Grafton and on to Glen Innes, but we took the Old Glen Innes Road for something different.
The first part of the road is bitumen, lots of old architecture.

It turns to dirt which was bone dry, and there was a high bushfire threat on the day.

It was too hot to stand still,even where there was just hot coals.

Through the convict made tunnel.

A very welcome stop is near the very end of the dirt road on the Glen Innes side, the locals hang around for a look.

After a night in a very average Glen Innes motel, we headed to Inverell, Moree and Lightning Ridge.

Interesting mailbox near Inverell.

Lightning Ridge. Love it!

Went for a dip in the Artesian Pool. Nice and hot, and a beautiful breeze to cool you down when you get out, really love this.

Well camouflaged local near the pool.

Somebody's house, I think.

Cooper's Cottage.

After the dip in the pool we headed off to the Lightning Ridge Bowling Club for what was a tremendous meal and a beer or three!
A day later we bid a sad farewell to the Ridge and headed south to Walgett, Coonamble (where I spent my primary, and early high school days), and then on to Coonabarabran.

Just south of Walgett.

30kms north of Coonamble.

Coming into Coonabarabran, Siding Spring Observatory and the Warrumbungles.

The recent bushfires caused some problems in the National Park, but they are still beautiful.

Cheers all, Rob.
P.S. the Yeti ran faultlessly.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Warrumbungles................ What a brilliant name I love it! And picture 10 what a classic!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Warrumbungles,oh yeah,brilliant name and great pics of your trip.Down here we get dailybungles but that's just how it is in Spain.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you enjoyed them

I wish there was a "magic camera" that was at your fingertips the instant something happened. Amongst other things we saw bushfires, goannas, road trains, wild pigs, wild pig HUNTERS!(with cargo
) and countless beautiful old houses.
Cheers, Rob.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Great part of the country! My dad is up at Coonamble at the moment, racing his greyhounds. Hot as! Must get to Lightning Ridge one day methinks. Love your photos Rob.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
suzz said:
Great part of the country! My dad is up at Coonamble at the moment, racing his greyhounds. Hot as! Must get to Lightning Ridge one day methinks. Love your photos Rob.
Thanks , good luck with the doggies!
Rob.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more;

Looking back through the tunnel (looking back to Grafton).

Lightning Ridge and the Artesian Baths. Honestly, if they sold counter meals there it would be hard to leave......hot, relaxing, and so therapeutic.

Sunset

On the road between Coonabarabran and Tooraweenah

Safe travels all, Rob.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Great photos Rob. Thanks for sharing them.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great photos mate.Have been there several years ago.A truly great little corner of NSW.
IS your's a diesel .
Regards Pug

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PUG said:
Great photos mate.Have been there several years ago.A truly great little corner of NSW.
IS your's a diesel .
Regards Pug
It is a great spot isn't it.
Yes mate, it's a diesel. It's got a nice little "chug", or engine note if you like, at certain engine revs too.
Safe travels, Rob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts