Yeti Owners Club banner

Looking to buy a L&K 4x4 best engine choice? android auto?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  logiclee 
#1 ·
Hi guys, looking to buy a yeti but I'm worried about having a diesel in the future as I plan to keep the car a long time and I drive into Glasgow city center for work every day and don't want to be hit with high tax/ congestion charge if this comes in to play in a few years to combat pollution. is the 1.4 petrol worth it or is the 2.0 diesel the only way to go?

Also is there a way to update the system in the car to android auto or does the system in the car already allow you to use your phones map systems?

Thanks and I cant wait to get my own yeti!

p.s anybody have yeti owners club stickers for their car?

#2 ·
I can't predict future taxation, but at the moment all clean air zones in force or planned for the UK (except for Oxford) don't charge for Euro6 diesels or Euro4 petrol cars. Take a look at this thread.

All petrol Yetis should be exempt, and diesels built after May 2015.

I don't know which would be the best choice for you.
You'll certainly find a lot more diesel 4x4s for sale than petrol.

#3 ·
With petrol Yeti 4x4 was not available on the 1.2, the 1.8 even though fitted with a petrol engine really was an oil burner and sold in low numbers, the 1.4 was also very low volume in this country until the end of production when there was a surge in stock uptake by the dealers to shift stock. But the L(E)&K does come with a few items that might not be a drivers first choice. If 4x4 is really a necessity then choice is predominantly diesel.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum.

As to Android Auto no yeti had this enabled as standard but with later models from 2015(?) it could be done after payment to a dealer of c£140. You may find one that has it already done if you're lucky. The Skoda system is called SmartLink but do not confuse this with MirrorLink which was a limited function predecessor.

#5 ·
You'll need a MY2016 or 2017 2.0TDi 150 L&K (Euro6) if that's the case either manual or DSG

#11 ·
No all sun roofs leak, I think it is because they are too large and the roof does not have enough strength left and the flexing cause the frames to bend etc. the twisted drain tubes are poor workmanship. We have had members who have had the sunroof replaced and the replacement failed as well. The seats are not a very pleasant shade of brown and the sat nav although clever in some respects was not worth the amount charged for it, and can be problematic with updates.
I almost bought a 1.4 L&K, but the garage sold it the day I was due to go and pay for it, possibly a blessing in disguise.

#12 ·
There are many who have had no issues with the roof but the failure rate is higher than it should be.

Interior is personal taste and suits some colours better than others. I think it suits black and magnetic brown models well but not so much Blue/Silver/White.

I suspect with the OP wanting Android Auto he wont be using the inbuilt NAV.

Reactions: Trilux
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.