Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went for Yodo's first service at 22,250 klms.Maxidot say's it need's doing now so now it's done.Now for the point of this post.I normally change his oil at 10,000,i know but that's me.He's only had the one as I hung on for the main dealer service to make sure we have no warranty probs at a later date.All's well say's the nice mechanic,what a lovely clean car.Had no need to top anything else up as you keep everything spot on he say's,even your tyre pressure was perfect.Great say's i handing over my 105 euros ( 15% discount) as nothing else needed doing.Oh yes it bloody did.Arrive home,Yodo put in garage and now i see the oil drips on the drive.Filter housing weeping.Ok,nip it down and drip gone.Hmmm,think i'll check the level,as you would.Nearly a quarter of a pint too much,that's a lot when the book stresses DO NOT OVERFILL.This is a skoda garage for gawds sake,skoda,seat and vw.Just goe's to prove,if it's worth doing,do it yourself.So glad i had my new pela sump sucker to hand.Now all that's to be done is clean up the drippy mess left under the bonnet,that's tomorrow afternoon taken care of then.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Grrrrrr it do'es, doesn't it! They didn't have an ape from Gib do it, did they? We have just had some building work done and had to get them back to finish off properly (I hope). As you say, " if a jobs worth doing ...........", except I'm no builder.Perhaps its a case of manana.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Steve,it's castrol edge and at that price you could probably cook with it fine.I do remember as kids wiping castrol R on our roll-ups so's we could revell in the smell in the garage.How dumb can you be at 16 but it worked.All of our crowd used to put a teaspoon in the tank and kid ourselves that other blokes would think we were running on it when they copped a smell of the exhaust.Problem was they were doing the same thing.Doh!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ahh. Castrol R. I love it!.. When I watched bike racing in the 80s and 90s the smell was amazing!..

Apparently you can put a spoonful or so of Castor oil in the fuel tank of a modern car and get the same smell.. probably not good for the warranty though...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I remember castrol r our mate 'whale' used to race bikes so he must of cleaned his teeth in the stuff. he had it everywhere. anyway it was he who told us to put a bit in the tank. smells good. I thought it went to the wall like a lot of things from them days. can you do it with diesel engines and will some one try it for me incase i muck it up. haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts