Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...
I have a 2011 Yeti, 2.0 tdi with 225000 km.
The pdflamp has been on from time to time and it have worked to do a regeneration every time until last week when the car went to limpmode and the pdflamp and (glowlamp?) started to flash as well as the enginefault lamp came on.
I took it to a garage and he did a diagnostic test, he changed the exhaust pressure sensor but that did not cure the problem.
The computer indicated that the particulatefilter was full (among other things) and needed to be fixed, he removed the pdf and it was changed to a good one but the same fault still exist.
The airbaglamp also came on and the cruisecontrol stopped working as well as the horn and all the other functions on the steeringwheel such as the stereocontrol and the information buttons...
The temperature-gauge show very low temperature as well.
I guess that it may be a fuse that causing the problems connected with the steeringwheel.
All the faultcodes was cleared except the pdfcode that he could not remove.
I attach 2 pics showing the christmastree:))
Anyone got a clue whats going on with the car?

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I guess that it may be a fuse that causing the problems connected with the steeringwheel.
If all the functionallity on the steering wheel stopped working at the same time, the first place I would look would be the "clockspring" ... the coil of ribbon cable that connects the steering wheel to the car's wiring harness.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Regarding the DPF light;
Is it that your mechanic's computer is not capable clearing the error code, or does he clear it but it returns when the engine starts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum.

If all the functionallity on the steering wheel stopped working at the same time, the first place I would look would be the "clockspring" ... the coil of ribbon cable that connects the steering wheel to the car's wiring harness.
Thanks.
I checked all the fuses and they are ok.
Do i need to remove the steering wheel in order to get to the clockspring or can I get access to it under the cover underneath the steering wheel?

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,023 Posts
Did they check how much soot was in the DPF?
When the DPF has been cleaned or replaced the car has to have that entered into the ecu or the fault remains.
When you went to the garage did they hook up a computer to do a forced DPF regen?
Sounds like they don't have too much knowledge in that area :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dpf was cleaned and tested ok.
It was not much soot at all but they did a cleanup anyway.
The guys at the filter cleanup shop did not think that the dpf would have caused any problems to start with as it was normal, either to dirty or blocked.
They suggested me to do a forced dpf regen and if that did not work, to check the egr-valve and the exhaust pressure sensor(which i already changed).
I dont think that the mechanics at the garage did a forced dpf regen, can that be the problem and maybe the solution?
I think that its strange as the filter apparently was ok but the varninglamp still came on and caused all this problems.
The car is still in limpmode and the varninglamps is on...

·
Registered
474 Posts
This sounds like it's more than a single issue so it would be very interesting to see the full diagnostic. Not just basic OBD codes, but something akin to dealer level or VCDS because thiw will list more specific details from all affected modules.

Spag

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all...
I have a 2011 Yeti, 2.0 tdi with 225000 km.
The pdflamp has been on from time to time and it have worked to do a regeneration every time until last week when the car went to limpmode and the pdflamp and (glowlamp?) started to flash as well as the enginefault lamp came on.
I took it to a garage and he did a diagnostic test, he changed the exhaust pressure sensor but that did not cure the problem.
The computer indicated that the particulatefilter was full (among other things) and needed to be fixed, he removed the pdf and it was changed to a good one but the same fault still exist.
The airbaglamp also came on and the cruisecontrol stopped working as well as the horn and all the other functions on the steeringwheel such as the stereocontrol and the information buttons...
The temperature-gauge show very low temperature as well.
All the faultcodes was cleared except the pdfcode that he could not remove.
I attach 2 pics showing the christmastree:))
Anyone got a clue whats going on with the car?
Hi,
I'm probably way off here but my car had multiple odd electrical issues this year which turned out to be a broken wire in the door loom. Like I say probably wrong but I have asked for help here and always got it, i wanted to give back but I dont know much....hope it gets sorted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts