Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,128 Posts
Have you taken a voltage reading on battery after being left standing overnight?
Was it a problem with the last battery or perhaps a charging system fault?

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
Assuming that nothing has been added or changed recently or something like the battery being charged with a traditional charger whilst still attached has not been carried out, or the battery terminals connected the wrong way round, I would do four things.
Check the battery resting voltage after it had been sitting all night
Pull back the rubber boots on all doors and check for damaged wires.
Disconnect the battery for five minutes then re connect after having a very good look at the battery earthing
Have you taken a voltage reading on battery after being left standing overnight?
Was it a problem with the last battery or perhaps a charging system fault?
I suggested the same a while ago but it got no response, I think the OP has made his mind up what he wants it to be.

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,968 Posts
Several of us have asked the same thing, and every time it seems to get ignored!
It is almost as if the OP does not want to check the simplest things first but actually wants to make it complicated, as shown by his latest post.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The OP could not measure the voltage after letting it stand all night because it was on the charger all night and was picked up early the next morning. At that time it read 12.5V. I just got a call from the garage and it was a failure in the airbag control unit that triggered it. Should be ready day after tomorrow.... 900.- expected worse....

·
Administrator
5,898 Posts
Thanks for the update Danlicks and hope that it is fully resolved. We'll try and remember that cause should another member have similar multi-fault code warnings.

·
Registered
873 Posts
That's great news Danlicks. Hopefully the end of the problem (y)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, hope so! I love the car and want to keep it running. First time in my life I have had to take a car to a garage and not been able to fix it myself.... oh well... neither I nor my car are getting any younger😉

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I hope the fix goes ok now that the problem is identified. I wonder if the start/run for only a few seconds is a deliberate response to the failed air bag controller? A measure to stop the car being driven with one of the safety features inoperative. If so it's the first time I've heard of anything other than the immobiliser causing that issue.

Reactions: Robjon

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
I had an airbag problem in a Mazda, far more straight forward, a flashing light which needed the sequence of flashes looked up. I wonder why VAG have tomake it so dramatic.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's called progress, apparently :rolleyes:
I'm sure manufacturers could make fault identification easier for owners, and they may do in future now that so many cars have screen displays and cars and phones can communicate so easily. Meanwhile it's a nice little earner for dealers who will usually charge for reading the codes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Got it back today. Everything seems to be fine. All they did was run the diagnostic tests and replace the airbag controller. €800.- Relieved!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
After 10 months of no problems the same thing happened again, bells and whistles, blinking lights, door locks going crazy, warnings... just like before. So I got the car back to the VW-Skoda garage and asked them POLITELY to please find the CAUSE of the failures rather than just replace more parts at my cost, and guess what.... THEY DID! The main cable bundle had gotten damaged by the windscreen wipers in under the windscreen. So it is fixed and the best part is, at NO COST to me!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts