Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little confused as to the update system for the Amundsen sat nav.
I have a 2017 version and I was told by the seller that I would need to buy new updates for my system.

How do I find out if my system is updated, and if so how do I go about updating it.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
Go to: Update portal
Put in the VIN code of your car and it will show what downloads are available, no charge.
I have downloaded "ECE 1 2020 " as the most up to date and it works well.
You have to download and put it on the Skoda Maps SD card that will be formatted and the new map installed.
It tells you what to do as you go along.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to: Update portal
Put in the VIN code of your car and it will show what downloads are available, no charge.
I have downloaded "ECE 1 2020 " as the most up to date and it works well.
You have to download and put it on the Skoda Maps SD card that will be formatted and the new map installed.
It tells you what to do as you go along.
I have tried that, but how do you tell if it is updated. I say this as a new ring road has been running around Aberdeen for the last year and the sat nav does not show it.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
If you have tried updating that SD card then it hasn't worked. If you have downloaded a map chosen from the link Urrell gave then you need to unpack it (unzip) into a new folder. Take your Skoda SD card and copy all the contents to a new backup folder just in case. If everything goes well you won't need this but just in case. Format the Skoda SD as FAT32 to make space for the new map data. Copy the downloaded and unpacked data onto the SD card and then try it in the car and check which map. Should be 2019/20.
Dowloading and copy data to/from SD card takes quite a long time as there are gigabytes of data, so be patient.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have tried updating that SD card then it hasn't worked. If you have downloaded a map chosen from the link Urrell gave then you need to unpack it (unzip) into a new folder. Take your Skoda SD card and copy all the contents to a new backup folder just in case. If everything goes well you won't need this but just in case. Format the Skoda SD as FAT32 to make space for the new map data. Copy the downloaded and unpacked data onto the SD card and then try it in the car and check which map. Should be 2019/20.
Dowloading and copy data to/from SD card takes quite a long time as there are gigabytes of data, so be patient.
I had done all that but I did not format the card, that I will do next and will make sure it’s fat32

I have downloaded to a zip file and I can see it on my hard drive nuts a upto date version.

cheers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
H
I had done all that but I did not format the card, that I will do next and will make sure it’s fat32

I have downloaded to a zip file and I can see it on my hard drive nuts a upto date version.

cheers.
ave formatted it and now when I put it in the car it states nothing is on it now. I have tried to reformat it again but it states it’s now write protected. The odd thing now it states the SD card has 14.8gb of data on it and that’s what it had in the first place.

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
Why do you need to reformat the card?
I've never needed to do that on mine, there is plenty of room to fit all the EU/UK maps.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
Formatting the card is just a quick way of removing all the old map data. I found if you didn't remove the old 12GB of data there was insufficient room to copy across the new maps.

Write protection on an SD is enabled by a small slider switch on the side. Have you accidentally set it to protected which is why the formatting and copying of new maps isn't happening?

There should be a folder titled "maps" and a file named something similar to "1310_MP183-1244.x_EU-DL2.md5sum" on the root of the SD card. If you have these inside another folder then the Amundsen won't find them.

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
When the new map is downloaded it will ask where the SD card is and offer to format it before copying the new map to it all in one go.

This was the contents of my SD card in 2017

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Some of the maps on the VW site might be more up to date. The one I am currently using was the newest issued as suitable for a 2016 Touran. These work fine in the Yeti if you have the same basic amundsden unit. This solved a number of issues with the then latest skoda issue which had dual speed limits showing and was way out of date. EG my daughters new housing development is now on the map.

I will have to have a look and see if an even newer version is now available.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Guttergecko, I have just this min, downloaded the new 2020 map onto my comp'.Which goes to a file in my downloads.
Right Click on it & use the unzip, or (extract all) & send to downloads. So it ends up in the same location with a diff name.(map)
Then right click on that zipped file (map) & "send to" SD card. Which should already be in your comp' slot.
And yes I also fat32 Formatted the SD card.

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
This solved a number of issues with the then latest skoda issue which had dual speed limits showing and was way out of date.
Both problems sorted only one speed limit showing and roads and speed limits changed in the last year are now showing.

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
I'm wondering whether GG hasn't unzipped the files before trying to add them to the card.

Might try doing mine later this afternoon as I noticed yesterday that the Newtown by-pass isn't on my maps currently.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
Check Write-Protection switch is set to off on the SD card first. From the description it sounds as though GG has it on.

(I am assuming the Skoda SD card is a standard SD and has the Write-Protection switch. Can't get access to mine at the moment.)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts