Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Snowgood, "I am assuming the Skoda SD card is a standard SD and has the Write-Protection switch"
Yes, at least my one has.
Grayham, That is why I put "Right Click on it & use the unzip"..............
I think that could well be his problem???
Lets see how he gets on later.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I know about the write protection and and it’s off and it still won’t format. I have right clicked and extracted the zip file in 3 program winzip, ashampoo, and 7 zip but still know joy.

·
Administrator
4,870 Posts
Is that no joy to unzipping the down load as well as getting these files on to the SD card?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I
Is that no joy to unzipping the down load as well as getting these files on to the SD card?
no joy anywhere, the write protection is playing up, and I can unzip the files but they won’t transfer to the SD card.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I could go into Dos and find the partition and format it that way but I feel it’s becoming a lost cause and now of thinking of buying one off eBay for £29 but will that be the same?

·
Administrator
4,870 Posts
Difficult to say as there are different ones for different Sat Nav units and some of them are pirate copies. The cards cannot be copied as there is a hidden file that the Sat Nav looks for to verify the card is genuine. You would need one for the Amundsen II and dealer prices would be well above £29.
Any chance you would get the dealer you bought the car from to replace it as it sounds a duff card?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Difficult to say as there are different ones for different Sat Nav units and some of them are pirate copies. The cards cannot be copied as there is a hidden file that the Sat Nav looks for to verify the card is genuine. You would need one for the Amundsen II and dealer prices would be well above £29.
Any chance you would get the dealer you bought the car from to replace it as it sounds a duff card?
The problem is that the sales guy said it needed replacing and he said at a cost, so I decided to leave it as I have a TomTom and it’s a top end job so I thought if it cost a lot to replace I will still keep using my TomTom.
I just felt that maybe it could be solved here and the advice has been great but I think it’s a bin job.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts