Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i collected my Yeti, I was told that the Sand colour mats were no longer available from Skoda.

I ordered these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111178266921?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

with this trim :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321219205352?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Service was excellent and the mats are fine.

I also ordered rubber mats:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330749319696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The rubber mats are sitting on top of the textile ones, by the way.

Also a boot tray :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121173987936?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I turned the spare wheel upside down, to give a little more rubbish carrying space.

It does raise the false floor somewhat, but,as the dog box will live in the boot, that isn't a problem.

The rise in floor level :

The sills will be a little vunerable to welly boots, so I'm trying this out :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251153239561?var=550288535831&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Only on one rear door sill at the moment.

I'm enjoying the Yeti so far.

Steve.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Very interesting Steve, really appreciate theposting as I'm going through the same dilemma with rubber mats etc.as my posts in the Newbie section. How thick is the boot liner, it also looks a little short or is that just the camera angle?How did you get on with fitting the film- is it pliable enough to fit the compound curves around the rear wheel?
Questions, questions, sorry!
Pleased you are enjoying your Yeti too. Regards, Henry.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Epicyclic said:
<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->
Very interesting Steve, really appreciate the posting as I'm going through the same dilemma with rubber mats etc. as my posts in the Newbie section.  How thick is the boot liner, it also looks a little short or is that just the camera angle?How did you get on with fitting the film - is it pliable enough to fit the compound curves around the rear wheel?
Questions, questions, sorry!
Pleased you are enjoying your Yeti too.  Regards, Henry.
No problems with the questions, Henry.

The boot liner is not ridgid. It is made to be rollable (??). Maybe to facilitate storage when not required in the car ? It also made it easier to deliver.

I do not feel that is short.Maybe the camera angle does not help, but the idea was to show the raised floor. That said, the floor being raised slightly, would expose the front edge.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll turn the spare wheel back to the as supplied position, and have a look at the liner fitment for you. More pics will be forthcoming.

The film was not a problem on the curves. It would have been easier had the day been a little warmer, but, in October, in North East Scotland, that would be wishful thinking.

The instructions for fitting advises the use of a hot air gun as a last stage when smoothing out, and that made a world of difference.

Very good fitting instructions are supplied with the product.

This is a poor pic of the curve, with the film not showing up.

When we get a reasonable, dry, calm day,( no dust blowing about ) I'll fit it on the other sills. That could be in the Spring.

Steve.

·
Registered
394 Posts
LOL. Yes, we regularly have Engineers going out to the rigs from Aberdeen so I know what you mean about the weather! I think the choice of those light coloured mats was very brave

Thanks for the extra pix and info. and, of course, the pm's. I'll have a measure up for the film and order some in the week and report back.

Cheers, H.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
That's a good job of fitting the film to the sill. Thanks for the eBay link as I am interested in giving this product a try on my vehicle and it isn't easy to find a good brand at a comparatively reasonable price.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
plbxr said:
That's a good job of fitting the film to the sill. Thanks for the eBay link as I am interested in giving this product a try on my vehicle and it isn't easy to find a good brand at a comparatively reasonable price.
I ordered a 3mtr length to do four door sills, and a wee bit of the back bumper. The UK cost was £10.29.

This is a pic of the right hand end, from close up, just before the final smoothing over.

Steve

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
That boot liner looks so good I've just bought one!
I'm tempted by the 3m tape but I have got some aircraft speed tape which is aluminium, I'll give that a try but the trouble is that it creases very easily, no harm in trying though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That does look the dogs back wheels, Steve. Nice one and thanks for taking the trouble to take the photo's.Can't you leave the wheelthat way around and stick things you don't need very often under it?
Be delighted to hear how you other guys get on with yours...
Cheers, H.

Edited by: Epicyclic

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Epicyclic said:
That does look the dogs back wheels, Steve.  Nice one and thanks for taking the trouble to take the photo's.Can't you leave the wheel that way around and stick things you don't need very often under it?
Be delighted to hear how you other guys get on with yours...
Cheers, H.

No trouble at all, H

I have left the wheel as is, until I decide what junk I need to stow.

Steve.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just ordered a boot mat, having forgot all aboutit until reminded by the enemy!
Thanks Steve and also to you guys for the feedback.

Edited by: Epicyclic

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just got my mats yesterday dark grey with blue and black edging, thanks Steve for the heads up. They look and feel great quality, all I need now is the Yeti to put them in. I note that they did not come with fixing studs. Does anyone know where I can get hold of some?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just had an email from the boot mat supplier, all sold out until they get another delivery in a couple of weeks! Somebody'sbeen busy spending money and not told me

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Epicyclic said:
Just had an email from the boot mat supplier, all sold out until they get another delivery in a couple of weeks! Somebody'sbeen busy spending money and not told me
I've got a genuine Skoda Boot Mat if you want it.
Collect either from here or Ludlow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts