Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have been keenly reading the various posts over the past few days

I'm eagerly awaiting a build date for my ordered 1.2 DSG Elegance in candy white with Amundsen nav (and a few other 'toys'). Do any of you knowledgeable people know if the maxi dot display shows nav info?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome YH, some one will be along soon with the answers...

Not got SatNav on ours sorry!

Cheers, H.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forums Yeti-ahoy. Sorry, but I can't answer you question about the Admundsen unit and the maxidot display.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome, don't have sat nav but I think you can get it to show the direction arrows in the maxidot display.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks wakev, that's the sort of thing I was hoping for, a simplified display to avoid looking at the main screen all the time. I've seen it in a merc clk. Stupidly I forgot to check this feature with the dealer. I would have gotten the nav anyway but hoping it does show upon the maxi dot

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
According to the brochure, yes the Maxi-Dot does display nav instructions.I am very much hoping so because we have also ordered the same NAV unit to come in our Yeti.

This being against everyone's advice who says the unit is mounted too low on the centre console for the display to be of any use. But if the Maxi-dot displays the info then this kind of usurps the issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Columbus system that reads on the maxi dot system. I only use the maxi dot with the voice, the maxi dot showing road names, road numbers, deviation arrow, and distance countdown, that is far more accurate than my old Tomtom. The fact that the screen is low down is not an issue, and I concur fully with 13799's comment.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I can confirm that the Admundsen DOES show directions in the Maxidot. I have the unit in my Urban and find it great to have the next turn with turn countdown right in front of me...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Yeti-Ahoy and welcome to the forum.

Yes with the Amundsen Dab+ the Maxidot does display Sat Nav directions so you don't need to look at the main screen. My only gripe with the Amundsen is that it appears to have a restricted data base and doesn't recognise certain villages that other Sat Navshave no trouble with.

Shanco

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
grimecruiter......thanks for the linkto the update. When you say "For you adventurous types who cannot wait for your local dealer to update your Columbus or Amundsen units" does that mean you would expect the dealer to update the sat nav as part of say...your next service?
My next service is not until September, so I had a look at the link.....oh heck!! as a bit of a techno dinosaur it looked a bit daunting.Has anybody uploaded this new update and if so, was it easy?

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree looks a little complicated - I am going to have a bash once I have established that I need it. I was told by my dealer that they will update it on request - no doubt at least 15 minutes labour for a 5 minute job!

Edited by: grimrecruiter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts