Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a look at the Skoda website and it seems that Skoda UK have come to their senses and now offer the MDI as a £175option on UK models. Having had it on my previous Octavia I'll have to make enquiries as to havingone fitted. I bet it'll cost more than £175 though.

Keith

·
Administrator
4,860 Posts
I am not qualified to answer that, but it's included in the options fitted in the build process. That is not to say that it couldn't be retro-fitted by a dealer or a proficient diy given the parts are all available to be purchased.
I am sure someone on the forum will know as midi has been a sought after connection for some time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mobile Device Interface. Basically it allows you to connect an Ipod orUsb stick to the radio and use the radio controls to select audio files on the device. I had it on my previous Octavia and although it wasn't in constant use it was very useful when driving on long journeys. As a bonus it also charges the Ipod.

The option includes the interface which fits a connector in I believe the storage area under the radio in the Yeti (it's in the glove box on the Octavia). You need to get appropriate interface cables, at great expense unless you ask for them to be included as part of the package when you buy the car, for the Ipod or USB stick.

Keith

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Keith. Sounds useful. Is it standard on anything? I am playing with the idea of getting a Yeti to see my last years out and so want to get it right.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To the best of my knowledge it's not standard on any Yeti but is a standard fit on some variants of the Fabia, Octavia and Superb.

If you have an Ipod it's a very useful option which allows you to access everything on the Ipod including playlists. You'll need to get the cables but if you're getting a new Yeti, or any other car,with the MDI ask for a cable to be included as they are about £20 to £25 each. I managed to get an Ipod cable thrown in with my last car when I specified the MDI.

As I said my last car was an 09 Octavia Elegance which is an excellent car but I went for the 2WD version which struggled a bit in the winters so I changed it last October for a 4x4 Yeti Elegance and haven't regretted it. Other options worth considering are the heated windscreen and the spare wheel as the Yeti doesn't have a spare as standard just a pump and a can of sealant which will write off any tyre once it's been used and is expensive to replace the sealant can.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on this forum when it comes to getting one.

Keith

Keith

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It only connects audio to the radio. It doesn't allow the radio to control whatever is connected.

The MDI allows the radio to select tracks on the Ipod or USB stick.

Keith

·
Administrator
4,860 Posts
Use an SD card rather than USB stick and you have all you'll need.See my reply in the Newbies section.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I went to the dealer yesterday and asked about retrofitting the MDI and was informed it was factory fit only. Makes me think they can't be bothered to check the availability of the parts and don't want to fit it.

More research required I think.

Keith

1 - 14 of 14 Posts