Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many reasons for fitting Michelin Crossclimate and feel free to discuss. I had a set fitted yesterday at ATS with a healthy online discount. The old tyres put on by the previous owner had tread so I advertised them in advance on Facebook. They sold within half hour for £20 the lot. ATS then knocked off £8.80 disposal charge because I was taking them with me. I'm a happy bunny!
Confinement has been hard. With my bed in the back (see previous post) and a new set of boots I can visit mum & dad in France with confidence. Mum has dementia and I haven't given respite care in five months. My poor old dad will probably kill the fatted cow on this arrival!

·
Registered
982 Posts
There are many reasons for fitting Michelin Cross-climate and feel free to discuss.
Wise move and I doubt you'll regret it. Hope your "relief" run to France goes well.

Reactions: Welsh Valleys Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rauri. Feel like James Hunt with my new set of daps. I'm an intrepid traveller and tenacity will win the day. My wife is shielding here in Wales and my folks in France are vulnerable so I'm keeping myself pure as a veal calf 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the storage space for tyres so "All Season" tick my boxes. I'm also a low maintenance kinda guy but who says petrol heads can't celebrate the changing seasons like our green fingered, gardening brethren. Hood, with the discount, sale of old rubber and refund of disposal charge I paid £450. I hope this might inspire fellow members. I think I'll invest my saving into discs and pads all round. I'm finding £135.31 for parts on carparts4less with discount code BIG17. Anyone finding better?

·
Administrator
13,927 Posts
Swapping the wheels mean the inside tyre walls get checked twice a year, and my wheels never corrode onto the hubs.
If your Yeti is a 140 or above you will find getting the rear discs off a real pig of a job. Quite a few threads on the subject, if you do it make sure you use impact quality tools or you will break them. ECP currently have 40% off brakes. (Same firm and parts as cp4l3ss ).

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
The more I see the prices paid for 17" Cross Climates the happier I am paying £146.60 for 2 16" for my Yeti last year,

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thats a very good price. I'm going to switch to all season tyres this autumn. The three year old L & K Yeti we bought in the spring came with factory fitted Nexen summer tyres which aren't up to a Lancashire winter. I'll either go for Cross Climates or Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen-2 which actually beat Cross Climates in a recent Autocar test. Not much between them though so the best price will probably guide my thinking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats a very good price. I'm going to switch to all season tyres this autumn. The three year old L & K Yeti we bought in the spring came with factory fitted Nexen summer tyres which aren't up to a Lancashire winter. I'll either go for Cross Climates or Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen-2 which actually beat Cross Climates in a recent Autocar test. Not much between them though so the best price will probably guide my thinking.
I've been looking and waiting for this deal for the past six months. The discount is £54. Having driven with both Michelin Crossclimate and Goodyear Vector 4 Gen-2 I agree it's virtually impossible to tell the difference however the Michelin is an "extra load" and the compound, in my opinion, lasts longer. I looked at what fleet vehicle companies favour because they purchase on the stats but at the end of the day I'm a self confessed Frankophile and a sucker for the Michelin logo (y)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bought two Cross Climates for the front wheels yesterday at ATS in Wombwell with their current discounts, and had front and rear tracking done at the same time - fronts were down at 3mm & rears at 5mm & I have one 36K miles since they were all fitted new in December 2016.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was surprised today to be quoted £132.xx each for Michelin Cross Climates at my local Skoda dealer. Certainly not as cheap as ATS at £242.98 after the £27 discount, but not a million miles away from what Halfords (TOTD), Black Circles, and a couple of others are charging.
My nearest ATS is around 30 mile round trip and in the city - ie hordes coughing and sneezing and very few face masks. Skoda dealer 8 mile round trip, rural, woodland walks 100 yards away. Decisions, decisions... :unsure:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought two Cross Climates for the front wheels yesterday at ATS in Wombwell with their current discounts, and had front and rear tracking done at the same time - fronts were down at 3mm & rears at 5mm & I have one 36K miles since they were all fitted new in December 2016.
Thanks @Bantam57 that's really good feedback. 36k is some serious miles. I don't envy you but it gives an excellent benchmark for a Yeti wearing Michelin Crossclimate+.
Maybe this could be pinned in the technical section (@The Hood)? A title of Michelin Crossclimate that we can add our mileage benchmarks to could be beneficial?
Was your tracking out?
If so did you have uneven wear?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was surprised today to be quoted £132.xx each for Michelin Cross Climates at my local Skoda dealer. Certainly not as cheap as ATS at £242.98 after the £27 discount, but not a million miles away from what Halfords (TOTD), Black Circles, and a couple of others are charging.
My nearest ATS is around 30 mile round trip and in the city - ie hordes coughing and sneezing and very few face masks. Skoda dealer 8 mile round trip, rural, woodland walks 100 yards away. Decisions, decisions... :unsure:
It's worth asking the dealership to price match ATS. Get a quote from ATS; screenshot it and show the dealer. Win win.

·
Registered
478 Posts
For those with a Costco card. £420 for 4 yesterday, including a discount for buying 4.
Rears still had 4mm, but I like tyres in sets and I did some overtime last month. I have never seen such a thorough tyre change, they even scrubbed my nuts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those with a Costco card. £420 for 4 yesterday, including a discount for buying 4.
Rears still had 4mm, but I like tyres in sets and I did some overtime last month. I have never seen such a thorough tyre change, they even scrubbed my nuts.
People usually have to pay good money to have their nuts scrubbed. 😂

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m booked in at ATS Blackburn on Friday for a set of four. There is still some life in my existing tyreS but it’s too good an offer to miss. And, as they say in Game of Thrones. “Winter is coming”

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please. If your tyres are legal advertise them and sell them. I live in a very deprived area. Being legal is important
I sold my old daps for £20 and the guy was over the moon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks @Bantam57 that's really good feedback. 36k is some serious miles. I don't envy you but it gives an excellent benchmark for a Yeti wearing Michelin Crossclimate+.
Maybe this could be pinned in the technical section (@The Hood)? A title of Michelin Crossclimate that we can add our mileage benchmarks to could be beneficial?
Was your tracking out?
If so did you have uneven wear?
Hi Pete,

Yes the guy at ATS handed me a print out wherein my front near side was shown to be at +0.90 & front offside was at +2.10, when each side should be +0.70.

The rears were near side +1.40 & off side -0.80, when each should be +0.70 too.

There wasn't any uneven wear that I as a layman could see & she was MOT'd in March at a local garage & serviced at the beginning of this month at Bickertons Skoda in Sheffield without any comment, save that the dealers noted the fronts were creeping down slowly.

Anyway, fronts were balanced and tracking adjusted all round so I is quite happy now for the time being....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts