Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a check on tyre prices there is currently 10% off 2 or 3 Michelin tyres or 15% off 4 at most dealers, it might be of interest to some.

Does anyone think that the run flat option is worth the extra on the cross climate +'s? It's about 30quid more a tyre (for the 17in version at least).
Also how much attention should I pay to the speed rating?

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
Having a check on tyre prices there is currently 10% off 2 or 3 Michelin tyres or 15% off 4 at most dealers, it might be of interest to some.

Does anyone think that the run flat option is worth the extra on the cross climate +'s? It's about 30quid more a tyre (for the 17in version at least).
Also how much attention should I pay to the speed rating?
You cannot use run flat tyres on a Yeti. For a start the wheels are not designed for them and secondly they are not an approved fitment.
And the ride on them is TERRIBLE!!

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Once again I completely concur with Graham! It's like riding on milk float tyres. (if you remember milk floats!);)

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Yes, I used to help the milkman on my estate every saturday, got paid 10 bob.
(I even got to drive the float down the road occasionally as well, and was only about 12 at the time)

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
I know many BMW owners who have swapped the "run-flat" tyres that are fitted as standard, for something more sensible, within months of buying their car.

As for the speed ratings. Those do vary from model to model of Yeti, unsurprisingly. But YES - you should pay attention the minimum rating specified for your model. If you want to stay legal and avoid possible hassle with any insurance claim or MoT. You may find however that tyres currently fitted could have a higher rating than the minimum. Always best to check the handbook or inside the fuel filler flap for your exact model. Same applies to the load rating (the two-digit number immediately in front of the speed rating letter on most brands).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. After a bit of reading I think I now have my head around this - need to go out in the rain to get the manual out of the car.
I have learnt that the "Choose by Reg" options on all websites will only show what was fitted as standard not others that are above the minimum rating, but WILL show non-approved tyres (Run flat as an example). It's an absolute minefield!

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Hi Fugs 'Need to go out in the rain to get the manual out of the car' Download the manual and you can search quickly for anything you need to check upon.

·
Administrator
14,595 Posts
You can find all of the handbooks etc on this link

·
Registered
5 Posts
ATS are currently showing a Michelin offer of £25 off 2 tyres and £50 off 4.

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
ATS are currently showing a Michelin offer of £25 off 2 tyres and £50 off 4.
ATS are owned by Michelin, so no real surprises that they, of anyone, would offer a discount on Michelin tyres. Still good info though, so thanks for the heads up. :)

Has anyone else noticed a bit of a pattern developing, with Michelin offering similar discounts each autumn? Over the last three years or so. To entice folks thinking of swapping to Cross-climates?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I took advantage of that offer back in July, (it was flagged up on this forum). I got 4 Cross climate + fitted with £50 off and a free Alexa I gave to my daughter. That offer made them cheaper than my Cross climate originals fitted about 3 years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts