Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
All is good with the Yeti, haven't posted pics for a while, too busy with that necessary evil of work lately.
Anyway, noticed the other day that when the mirror adjuster is set on R, BOTH mirrors move, when set on L only the left moves. The heaters function works fine, and when I went to the dealers we swapped switches the same thing happens.
We left it at that, saying that it might be the plug at the back. I can live with it and they will look at it at the 15,000km service in the next few weeks.
Anybody had anything similar? If it's something to do with the plug I'm not averse to working on it.
Thanks in anticipation, Rob.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello Rob, I'm not at all surprised to hear of problems with the mirror adjusting switch. Ever since we first got our Yeti I have been expecting that particular component to give trouble. Just seems to have a cheap and nasty feel to it, if it came off in my hand I wouldn't be at all surprised. Coming to Skoda from Ford I can't help but notice the poor design and quality of some of the minor switches. But hey, I still love the car !!.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is another of those settings which can be changed through the MFD in the settings menu.

According to the manual got to the Comfort menu then go to the Mirror Adjust and turn this function off.

Keith

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Keith, should have checked that first. I will go into the Comfort menu and just reset it and see if that is the problem, like rebooting a computer.
Thanks again, Rob.

It's amazing how much electronics is in this car, not complaining just amazed. I think the Yeti has more electronics in the key than my entire first car - a 1970 6 litre Rambler Rebel.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think these days the electronics is a major part of any car but it has mixed blessings. It can improve fuel consumption, power and driveability. It can give us more functions such as auto closing windows, satnav, ABS and traction control features, all of which can benefit us. However the cost is that when it goes wrong it needs complex diagnostics to fault find and is expensive when modules have to be replaced. About 15 years ago we had a Volvo where the ABS module failed and cost us £750 to replace it. The garage gave me the failed control unit and I reckoned it couldn't have cost more than £40 to make.

I've had 3 Skodas myself, two Octavias and the Yeti,and my wife now has a Fabia. They have been the most complex cars I've ever owned but, touch wood, have been the most reliable. In many respects they have been more reliable than my first car, a 1974 Mini, which had none of these modern electronics. The only electronics in it was the alternator regulator. It was a good car to learn fault finding and repairs.

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Rob, don't worry as it is normal, so there is nothing at all wrong with your mirror switch.
As has been said previously you can adjust it in the MFD menu to either treat each mirror seperately, or, both mirrors at once...as it is set for you now.
Otherwise you can flip it to R and adjust the right mirror (ignore the left mirror at this stage), then, flip it to L and readjust the left mirror. The simultaneous function can be a little annoying till you get used to using it.
I would be a little concerned though that your dealer didn't know this and thought it was the switch, as it is a basic function. It makes me wonder if they really are trained properly.
About the electronics:

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
266 Posts
One further note. You'll have to alter the settings for each key. The system remembers all the settings for each key so that different drivers can have their own settings according to their preferences allowing the seat and mirror settings, assuming you have electric seats, etcto be set for each driver.

I noticed this feature when I disabled the annoying blip when the alarm was set/unset for my key but it wasn't disabled for my wifes key. It is now.

Keith

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Keith W, thank you plbxr, thank you forum!

I have just fixed the mirrors via the settings menu. I don't see why you would adjust them simultaneously, but....
The result is I now have a working car, a spare switch and more knowledge about our Yeti.
I am glad I fought the urge to check the plug, as an ex fitter and turner who used to build and service safes and strongrooms I still have a "get in and get it done" attitude (read; bull at a gate attitude).
It's now 11pm so I am going to celebrate with a glass of scotch and watch the Isle of Man TT highlights.
Cheers all and goodnight, Rob.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts