Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
13,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi perhaps someone can answer acouple of questions for me. Does the Elegance come with folding mirrors as standard. The brochure does not actually list what comes as standard and some of the "extras" offfered include items already on the car. Also if I fitted a towbar (with a removeable hitch to avoid the rear sensors) can I just wire it as with a normal car, or will it need some special "download", I only need one power socket for a small wooden trailer. regards Derek

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi the Elegance comes with folding mirrors now as standard .Re tow bar you can fit a removable tow bar, but only use the skoda loom which has plugs to fit the yeti loom located on the left side of the boot think they are above the wheel arch , using scotch locks will cause a lot of problems andyou will not get any bulb failure warnings.
After fitting the correctloom the yeti will need re coding at the dealer or some one who knowshow to do it with a lap top and VGA leads, this will stop the reversing sensorsworking when the tow hitch is being used.

good luck with your new yeti .

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
26 Posts
kilsajj said:
folding door mirrors only on elegance from june 2011,before that not standard

On the question of folding door mirors, like all such units l assume they 'open and shut' as and when you press the key fob. However, and my apologies in advance if receipients consider me mad, butassume you are about to reverse out of your garage; the mirrors are in the 'open' position; your garage is lacking slightly in width, therefore you have to be very careful you do not catch the mirror on either the wall or the garagedoor structureas you reverse (something l did to my cost a few years ago in a Volvo l owned at the time).

My question being, does the Yeti have an over-ride procedure whereby you can pick and choose when the mirrors fold out?

Thanks very much.

Graham

·
Registered
159 Posts
Test complete. When one unlocks the car (with windows folded shut), they do not open until you start the engine. If (before you start the engine) you turn the mirror switch to fold, they do not open at all until you turn the switch to any other setting.

Strangely, probably because of my advanced years, I actually have to use the "wing" mirroes to reverse out of my garage!

·
Registered
26 Posts
freedie said:
Test complete. When one unlocks the car (with windows folded shut), they do not open until you start the engine. If (before you start the engine) you turn the mirror switch to fold, they do not open at all until you turn the switch to any other setting.

Strangely, probably because of my advanced years, I actually have to use the "wing" mirroes to reverse out of my garage!

Thanks very much indeed; information (and test) much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Although I had read the spec, I only worked out how to fold them in on the 2012-reg Greenline demonstrator I had as I locked it up to hand it back!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts