Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I just acquired a 2017 2.0 tdi SE L . Noticed a unoccupied space in the polystyrene tool kit holder under the boot floor . Car has ad blue filler so not much space . Gap in question is bottom right , approx 4 inches by 1 inch . Car came from non franchised dealer , so will harass them once I know what to harass them for .Handbook not much use as it is not model specific . Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
A picture would help.

Reactions: Ruari

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have 2017 with adblue but mine has a spare wheel, there are lot's of cut outs that are empty. But all that should be there is there.

Take a photo of what you have and we'll take a look.

Reactions: Ruari

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
There are some photos of pre-face-lift tool storage, therefore no AdBlue tank, in this old thread and you can see some parts are empty. Design allowed for all options so empty slots not unusual. Both these cars have spare wheel so there is a jack and wheel wrench etc. Should also be tool to remove wheel nut covers, alloy lock nut adaptor, tail light key, tow hitch and hook to remove tow hitch cover on bumper and tow bar ball joint if fitted. A car with no spare wheel would have a compressor and tin of sealant instead of the jack.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have read somewhere its for a spare bulb kit, which is not a UK requirement.

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
638 Posts
Missing tool? Any YOC member late home from the pub. Sorry Murph 😊

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
There are some photos of pre-face-lift tool storage, therefore no AdBlue tank, in this old thread and you can see some parts are empty. Design allowed for all options so empty slots not unusual. Both these cars have spare wheel so there is a jack and wheel wrench etc. Should also be tool to remove wheel nut covers, alloy lock nut adaptor, tail light key, tow hitch and hook to remove tow hitch cover on bumper and tow bar ball joint if fitted. A car with no spare wheel would have a compressor and tin of sealant instead of the jack.

No tool was supplied to do that. There was a hand sized hole at the bottom of the panel that you yanked downwards to get it out. Any tool would have had to have been quite strong!

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
I used the term tow hitch as it's called that in the Parts List but it is called the towing eye in the handbook.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts