Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that some owners have had trouble pairing their phones to the Yeti. I have just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Mini 2, and set about pairing it to my 140 Elegance with the Bolero system. This is the 4th phone I have paired up, and I haven't had any previous problems at all.......until now! My problem is not that the phone won't connect up; as soon as I turn on the ignition, I get the usual 'ping' and the phone is paired up, but it will not see the contacts and the only way I can use the hands free is to use the 'dial number' feature which takes ages and isn't really as safe because I have to concentrate on the system too much instead of where I'm going!! I have tried everything that I think might work, making the phone visible, checked all the menus on the phone and in the Yeti, but nothing seems to work. I tried to 'update' the phone list, but its like there are no contacts available to see. Does anybody have anyideas that I can try?

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is the advice I can give from my own experience - easiest first.
1. Turn phone off, then on, rather than re-start.
2. Make sure phone is running lastest firmware.
3. Look out for screens on phone asking if you wish to download contacts and call history. Check the box for 'do not ask again' before saying OK.
4. Unpair phone and Yeti, and start again from scratch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ChrisYeti for taking the time to reply to my problem. As I said in my initial message, I didn't have a problem pairing the phone, the system wouldn't pick up the contacts, except that now I feel a right numpty! In between posting my message and receiving your reply, I realised my mistake and cured the problem; I forgot to look at the message bar at the top of my phone when first connecting. Once I noticed that there was a symbol displayed, I swiped it to open a window asking me to 'O.K.' access to the contacts and, voila, it worked perfectly, unlike me the user with brainfade!! So, thanks again for helping.Stewbidoo

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a slightly different problem in that my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) contacts are updated on to the Yeti computer automatically, but its not just phone numbers, but email addresses also!!?

Anybody any ideas how I can restrict my contacts to phone numbers only!!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Pyratepeter, I have not come across this one before and willneed to have a think about it, but I suspect it is due to a something in your Samsung device that needs changing rather than the Yeti, either in the contact settingsor maybe even for each individual contact (hope it is the former!).
Stewbidoo

·
Registered
1 Posts
pyratepeter said:
I have a slightly different problem in that my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) contacts are updated on to the Yeti computer automatically, but its not just phone numbers, but email addresses also!!?

I have exactly the same problem and as I have many contacts without phonenumber this is really annoying. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Android 4.1.2. There is no option at phone to select which contacts to synchronize over bluetooth. Obviously only contacts with phonenumbers are wanted.

Has anyone got this working?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing that I can suggest at the moment is to try putting all your contacts either onto just the phone or just the SIM card, or only allowing contacts on one or the other of them to be used on the phone, and check if there is anything in the set-up whilst doing this that would help.
Sorry, but that is all I can come up with for now!

·
Administrator
4,452 Posts
Don't know if this will work as all my contacts have phone numbers, but have you tried in the phone Contacts selecting via Settings a filter of just those with phone numbers and then connecting to the car head unit. Not sure if the filter applies only to the display on the phone or to other Contact functions like Sync.
(The functions in Contacts above are on my Android 2.3 Sony phone so may not be the same on a Galaxy but my daughter's galaxy s£ Mini has the option so should be okay)

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
My wife has a Galaxy Note, and although she entered her phone contacts without email addresses,Gmail or Android decided to collect all the email addresses from her Gmail account and join them all up on her phone. I suspect that yours has done the same.

Are you able to keep the two sets of contacts apart on your phone? It may solve your problem

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think what you do is go into 'contacts' on your phone, click index (bottom left on the Samsung Note) and then select 'contacts to display' . Will try it out tomorrow and report back. Also if you go into settings you can tick box 'only contacts with phones' which then only displays contacts with phones!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, we are thinking of getting a contract with Tesco, and we have a choice of 4 phones.
LG 40
LG 50
Motorola Moto E
Samsung Galaxy Young 2

Does anyone know, which of these will pair to the Yeti, dec 2014, Bolero radio..
My orange rio paired fine, and I am hoping my Iphone 5c will connect ok, as I have read it will.
Thanks.
Edited by: rustic

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hi rustic, can't help with those phones but, I presume if they have Bluetooth then they should work OK.I use a Samsung S4 and an old Nokia 6290. They automatically connect when engine switch on, depending which one I have with me at the time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks Tick Tock, and the Hood for your feedback, we are thinking about the Motorola one, so with Tesco mobile their deal is excellent, £7.50 a month 250 minutes, to land lines or any UK mobile, 5000 texts and 500 Mb data.
Data isn't that much, but we use the wifi at home a lot, and last month we exceeded our 40 Gb allowance..
So 500Mb will be fine for light web browsing and for emails.

Thanks again..
It looks like we are making the right decision.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Another + for Motorola, we have the Moto G and MotoG 2nd Gen both running Lollipop 5.0.2 and have no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Last year I decided to go with the underdog and got a windows phone, I have to say, I am very pleased, everything just works, first time, easiest phone to set up I have ever come across, like I said, everything just works perfectly. I used to be an android fan but I hate it now, it's just so clunky after Windows phone 8.1The connection to the car is faultless, everything just paired and works seamlessly, I can phone, text (With voice control through the cars systems), playback music etc etc. My contacts list integrates with the infotainment system, I can keep work and personal emails and contacts seperate and have seperate tiles for work and personal, the list just goes on.This is how it should be, the only fly in the ointment at the moment is no mirrorlink which does not work on the Yeti anyway, if it did this would be perfect.
Hopefully it will be standard in Windows Phone 10 and Skoda get their act together and get it working in the Yeti.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
rustic said:
Thanks Tick Tock, and the Hood for your feedback, we are thinking about the Motorola one, so with Tesco mobile their deal is excellent, £7.50 a month 250 minutes, to land lines or any UK mobile, 5000 texts and 500 Mb data.
Data isn't that much, but we use the wifi at home a lot, and last month we exceeded our 40 Gb allowance..
So 500Mb will be fine for light web browsing and for emails.

Thanks again..
It looks like we are making the right decision.
I don't know if it is of use to you, but we are with Talktalk, SWMBO gets 500 mins, 5000 Text and 1GB data which costs us £2.50 per month (first sim free or £5 off), mine has the same but costs £7.50. Mine tends to be minutes used nil but most of the data is used. They have just launched a new sim only deal for talktalk broadband customers, and for £12 per month you get unlimited minutes, texts and data, data is 3G.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i have paired my moto G 2nd edition to the Bolero, but the contacts wont import, any ideas? (i also paired with an iphone 6 which had no problems)

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
From memory when you are pairing the phone either the phone or car ask if you want the phone list made available and you need to tap on yes. The question does not show for long, I think it is the phone that displays the question.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts