Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to state first, mil, drl, trilux, hid+AFL, VCRs and maxidot are way above my pay scale, l am the uneducated Yeti owner.

So here is my first question, on my 2014 Laurin & Klement Yeti when the light switch is on auto the lights dance when the engine is started which is normal l assume. Sometimes when driving on dip the lights follow the steering, left and right, but not always, the driver's side headlight has a life of its own, it wanders to the right where it may stay for a while, or it might track right and then return back to centre, on both dip and full beam, if the light switch is turned fully to the right, the headlight returns to the centre immediately and stays there. When the light switch is turned fully to the right and the engine is started, the lights dance, then behave like normal lights with no problem. Do l have an electrical fault of some kind. Advice from someone in the know would be much appreciated. Thank You.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If the lights are turned on manually they will stay on the Dipped pattern. If they turn on in auto they will turn and change pattern depending on steering, speed and weather.

Reactions: Angelfire

·
Registered
717 Posts
Sorry Angelfire! As the majority of people would have absolutely no interest in my headlight issues, I resorted to using acronyms that my fellow anoraks would understand.

To make amends:
MIL: malfunction indicator lamp
DRL: daytime running lights
Trilux: that’s me 😊
hid: high intensity discharge lamps (Xenons)
AFL: automatic front lights. AFS being the system.
VCDS: is a fault code reader that works on VAG vehicles
Maxidot is the little panel between the speedometer and the
revcounter, that tells you lots of information

Most importantly, It does look like your lights are behaving as they should. One last thing, when on Auto, in good daylight, your Xenons will switch off in favour of the daytime running lights.

Slapped wrist accepted. Does the Plain English Campaign still exist? If so, I must subscribe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the lights are turned on manually they will stay on the Dipped pattern. If they turn on in auto they will turn and change pattern depending on steering, speed and weather.

Many thanks for the very informative clip of film, it explains much. Seems that my dancing lights are ok, cheers for your time, much appreciated. Alas at 70 my brain does not function like it did at 20.:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Angelfire! As the majority of people would have absolutely no interest in my headlight issues, I resorted to using acronyms that my fellow anoraks would understand.

To make amends:
MIL: malfunction indicator lamp
DRL: daytime running lights
Trilux: that’s me 😊
hid: high intensity discharge lamps (Xenons)
AFL: automatic front lights. AFS being the system.
VCDS: is a fault code reader that works on VAG vehicles
Maxidot is the little panel between the speedometer and the
revcounter, that tells you lots of information

Most importantly, It does look like your lights are behaving as they should. One last thing, when on Auto, in good daylight, your Xenons will switch off in favour of the daytime running lights.

Slapped wrist accepted. Does the Plain English Campaign still exist? If so, I must subscribe.
Many thanks for the time taken to reply. Please don't worry about the Plain English Campaign, I am certain 50 years ago I would be standing where you are now. As a lifelong shootist of most firearms, no doubt if I were to post as if one of my friends was receiving the message, you would be contacting me asking, what the **** are you talking about. We refine our language to suit our experiences don't you think. Cheers again friend, at least I can follow the conversations now. :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the time taken to reply. Please don't worry about the Plain English Campaign, I am certain 50 years ago I would be standing where you are now. As a lifelong shootist of most firearms, no doubt if I were to post as if one of my friends was receiving the message, you would be contacting me asking, what the **** are you talking about. We refine our language to suit our experiences don't you think. Cheers again friend, at least I can follow the conversations now. :eek:
Wow, the language bot is on form, I only wrote h, e, l, l.

·
Registered
717 Posts
From what you write, I expect “Trilux” may be something you understand that many won’t 😀

·
Premium Member
6,263 Posts
Wow, the language bot is on form, I only wrote h, e, l, l.
Indeed! :rolleyes: What it decrees as “un-parliamentary” language is influenced by the fact he/she/it is American. My favourite 4* word is found in Clark Gable’s infamous put-down from Gone With The Wind - “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a ****”. I believe even the film that came from is now censored out of being screened or downloaded in the US because of its references to and treatment of war, slaves and women. Yet the good old British curse of “bloody”, gets through unscathed.:oops::unsure:

The bot however, can be fooled. Here is an experiment:
“What the h3ll. I just trod in some sh1t. That’s a d4mn shame!”
Or as Father Ted’s Irish companion might say: “feckin”. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Registered
110 Posts
Or knl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts