Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a 4x4 Yeti
where the driver side motorized window is not as smooth as the other 3 windows.
Seems like loaded when it approaches the half waymark. Any idea if it
has something to do with the motor? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
394 Posts
May be, or possibly catching in the window glass guide channels. I've had a couple of cars where the latter has been the case, if you're brave enough pop the door card off and have a look!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Try a drop or spray of silicone oil/grease in the window channel. Maybe just a bit of dirt or leaf stuck there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Had a look at that link, not seen a solid door like that before, I guess you will need to get hold of some instructions on how to remove the window unit and door card if necessary - someone on here will probably know.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
This may help

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
And this

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the drawings. Looks like the "glass pane" is embedded deeper in the door. Notyet confident that i can manage to open up and refix.
I let some fine dust settle on the glass and when i open and close i see a 0.5inch strip just above the door handle.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I don't know if it would help in your case but some people lightly spray/dust their window tracks with a dry lubricant such as Molybdenum disulphide (Moly) powder. I have tried it and it helped a little with an old sticky electric window.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts