Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never understand why manufactures don't fit front mud flaps. They put a protective plastic layer on the rear arch to stop stones chipping the paint but no flaps.So i have ordered a set as the Yeti does get a lot of road muck up the bottom of the front doors.
They look easy enough to fit, so just waiting Mr Postie to bring them now.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi they are very simple to fit 20min. But don't over tighten the bolts as the thread is only plastic,they do stop a bit of the crap but they are not very long, I am going to get some rally flap material and fix it to the original flaps to stop the crap (when I get a bit of time
)

·
Administrator
4,446 Posts
Fronts easier to fit than the rears as you can turn the wheels to allow more room to get at the screws. There is a small lip you need to hook onto the body work but otherwise three screws (already there, just remove and refit) You'll need a Torx 25 screwdriver bit for the screws. All screws are supposedly replaced at 1.5Nm torque according to the instructions but I reckon that hand tight is about right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the dealer to fit mine , Skoda had a deal on, mud flaps all round, heavy duty fitted rubber mats x 4 and a fitted heavy duty rubber boot liner. Think it was about £100 seemed a good deal, was intending to use rubber mats in winter to keep the crud off but we've had such a bad summer i just left them in on top of the others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All nicely fitted now
They are so simple to fit, and they look really good, almost as though they are supposed to be there

·
Administrator
4,446 Posts
Well done.

So are you now going to do the rears?

Just a little more difficult to get at the botton screw with the wheels on. I found a torx bit fitted on an allen key made getting to the screws pretty easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fitted all round mudflaps --What adifference stays cleaner a lot longer Quitereasonableto install if not a bit finnikyShould be standard fit from new

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
bobbibrowngirlie said:
We fitted ours after buying from a skoda dealer on ebay - cheaper to buy that the main dealer locally and they did a deal on combining the postal costs.
Was that the Skoda parts shop (alias No1forskoda)? If so it was Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield. They supplied my Yeti via their website skodastore.com They beat everyone else on price for a whole car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too went down the Skodastore/Rainworth route and luckily they are my main dealer 5 miles away so I save on the postage too....and I always try for a bit more on the negotiation front as it often works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts