Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, doing Mid Stage Safety on the Hafren Stage of WRGB.

Took 30 minutes at a friends garage this morning to power wash it clean!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Should have left it as it was, the lights are ok!Happy days marshalling the Welsh, usually in Radnor with 60 & Worcester rather longer ago that I care to remember....

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Epicyclic said:
Should have left it as it was, the lights are ok!Happy days marshalling the Welsh, usually in Radnor with 60 & Worcester rather longer ago that I care to remember....
I used to be a member of 60 & Worcester!!
Used to go marshalling with Malc Limerick.
Still see them around at events, and Cornsie was out on WRGB, I think.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey its a small world....
Did a couple of 12 cars andsome PCT'sin a GT6 which was fun and used to run grass autotests at Besford which were usually hilarious,but the main interest was marshalling on rallys, particularly enjoyed the Manx!

Was around about the time RallyRescue started (Roger Chedzoy). My mate Richard (Dick) Arnold took over as stage commander in Radnor from the chap who used to beetle about in a red 2 stroke SAAB, his name escapes me. I still see him and Brian Watkins occasionally and used to work with Richard Davies.

Did you get out on WRGB?

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also a member when Roger was starting Rally Rescue.
I've got a photo somewhere of me doing a PCT up on Bringsty Common in a Skoda Estelle, and some of my Morris 1300 at another near Crowle.
We did one of the Course Cars on the Autumn Leaves one year in an Estelle as well.
We must have been members at the same time, as I remember Dick Arnold.

I was one of the Mid Stage Safety Officers on Hafren. Normally can be heard on the radio though, as my call sign is still Worcester 1.

Coming to Worcester on Thursday as it my daughters graduation ceremony at the Cathedral.

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
No off roading but a day on Cornwall's roads and the car that was sparkling yesterday is looking decidedly mucky. We thought it might like a day at the seaside, so here it is in the car park at Perranporth.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Very envious, that area of Cornwall is one of our favourite spots, lovely coastline to the south of that car park towards St Agnes. Notice your giving the car next door plenty of space....good man, no point risking any'pings'.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Well after just over a thousand faultless miles at the weekend, one good turn deserves another!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Hood,

Think you've discovered a new colour . . . . . . "cappuccino froth" . . . . .

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Looks like someone has t---------- (no not going there will only get locked in the corner for a month)

Is that single or double cream, or Cornish clotted cream
. could have posted before and after.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
How long do you let the Yeti soak for before you rinse the foam off?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Derek, is that foamy stuff any good for really heavy dirt? I'm talking 1mm or so in places...

I've never known a year for road filth as this year, the Defender is just as bad so its not just the Yeti!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Rolymo said:
Hi Hood,Think you've discovered a new colour . . . . . . "cappuccino froth" . . . . .

At first I thought you good folks may have had an early season ice storm, but then I realised it was only the car that was affected

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
I generally spray it on and go in and have a slow cup of tea, after 20 to 30 mins it is power washed off (avoiding the radiator grill). It goes on like whipped cream, you can tell when it is right by the sound it makes coming out of the nozzle. Normal road dirt comes off very well indeed with almost no sponge work needed. However this time the car was plastered in dried on clay and had actually changed colourso a little bit of help was needed, even so the remainder literally fell off. One minor draw back is after cleaning the floor I have to clean the drive, as this stuff really does stick and almost becomes a "skin" on the car. You also need a decent pressure washer.

It's magifoam and I bought deal 5 from the link below.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=283885

Here is their website

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/

here is a demo of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps0-wvQvi3o

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks a good product Hood, what's the difference between the superfoam and the magifoam?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts