Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Igatherthat despite SUK telling dealers that mudflaps will fit both the old & F/L Yeti, they do not fit on the F/L rear.
I believe that the wheel arch plastic trim is too thick?
This has apparently only just been discovered when some dealers have tried to fit them for customers!
So beware guys if you are purchasing the from dealers or on-line.

I have not seen it with my own eyes, so just passing on the info.

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
no the old ones don't fit and I am still waiting for the dealer to get them, no part no on the system yet.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wakev said:
no the old ones don't fit and I am still waiting for the dealer to get them, no part no on the system yet.
If they have to be made from scratch, boxed up and sent out across the world it may take sometime methinks.
I had this situation some while ago with a facelift model, not Skoda, when running a dealership & the supplier turned up at the dealership - found the car in the showroom, then made templatesfor the flaps & inmy case the floor mats as well!

PS. I take it Wakev, your new baby is still gurgling sweetly!

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
JOOKS said:
wakev said:
If they have to be made from scratch, boxed up and sent out across the world it may take sometime methinks.
I had this situation some while ago with a facelift model, not Skoda, when running a dealership & the supplier turned up at the dealership - found the car in the showroom, then made templatesfor the flaps & inmy case the floor mats as well!

PS. I take it Wakev, your new baby is still gurgling sweetly!

Sweet as a nut
, already getting 43mpg AV with only 400miles on the clock.

They have got rid of the little niggle when you go over the top of a hill, the old one felt like it cut out and needed more throttle to get fuel going into the engine again, but the FL just carries on with no more throttle needed.

The FL is growing on me more and more better lights, quieter smoother and feels like it's got more go, voice control BT fitted as standard works perfectly
, auto rain sensing lights are very good, put the wipers on medium intermittent speed and just let them get on with it, the more it rains the faster they go
and brings in the rear wipe when they go to constant wipe.

Just need the rain to stop so I can look at my lower grill and polish it up a bit

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi, Wakev ... sorry to hark back to a post about Mud Flaps made in January (some of us who are getting on in years don't always grasp the nettle) but did you, eventually, get your Mud Flaps fitted and, if so, were you also able to get a Part No.

Additionally, is there anywhere that one can get a longer length mud flap to fit our Elegance F/L 1.2TSI purchased on 1.3.2014.I believe I have seen these referred to on SYOC or BRISKODA ... but I could well have read it elsewhere or it is a figment of my imagination.
Edited by: lablover

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lablover said:
Hi, Wakev ... sorry to hark back to a post about Mud Flaps made in January (some of us who are getting on in years don't always grasp the nettle) but did you, eventually, get your Mud Flaps fitted and, if so, were you also able to get a Part No.

Additionally, is there anywhere that one can get a longer length mud flap to fit our Elegance F/L 1.2TSI purchased on 1.3.2014.I believe I have seen these referred to on SYOC or BRISKODA ... but I could well have read it elsewhere or it is a figment of my imagination.
Picked up my Yeti & they were fitted as requested front & rear.
Don't have numbers or alternative sizes. Remember, if flaps are too long they can scrape on the ground when the car is fully loaded.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
lablover said:

Hi quick answer while popping home for a coffee and sandwich, yes the rear flaps are now available being fitted wednesday, fronts are the same as the pre FL so not a problem, there are two rear flaps one so small it would be a wast of time and one that is the same length as the pre FL, can't find the part no will try again later.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks, Wakev, and thanks too for taking time out duringyour coffee and sandwich break. I have spoken to the dealer advising him of the many posts on this forum, so we are living in hope that the correct item will be fitted. The Lord only knows why it's me that's doing all this, when MJ is, supposedly, brainier and more car-orientated than me .... mmmmm .... not sure if I believe that any more!

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
lablover said:
Thanks, Wakev, and thanks too for taking time out duringyour coffee and sandwich break. I have spoken to the dealer advising him of the many posts on this forum, so we are living in hope that the correct item will be fitted. The Lord only knows why it's me that's doing all this, when MJ is, supposedly, brainier and more car-orientated than me .... mmmmm .... not sure if I believe that any more!

These are what you need complete with part number.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Yeti-Outdoor-PA-2014-Rear-Mudflaps-5L0075101A-Genuine-skoda-parts-/271399978613?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f30b30675

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thank you for that part number for the mud flaps (rear). I'll pass it on to my dealer so I can be confident in getting the correct ones fitted. Busy busy busy today with the whole of the ground floor of our property having new flooring and next week new doors, skirtings and architraves. Be glad when it's all done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts