Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Yeti 1.2 TSI SE Outdoor (Moon White Met) Heated front/rear screen, heated seats and sat nav
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well! Still trying to keep myself occupied with the Yeti, and wondered on mudflaps.

I am toying with the idea, as well as wind deflectors.

Are Skoda ones the best??

Keep on Yetiying!

·
Registered
642 Posts
The back end of the Yeti does love to suck everything onto the rear window, making mudflaps tempting but I spent the money on a set of Heko wind deflectors instead. So nice not to have rain dropping onto the electric window switches.

·
Administrator
5,842 Posts
The Skoda rear mud flaps help a bit in preventing some of the muck thrown up and then deposited on the rear window but they are really too shallow to make a real difference and a modification to lengthen them may be worth considering. There is an old thread by Wakev that described the way he did this that may be helpful.

·
Registered
627 Posts
There's lots of threads on here to read through if you search for "mudflaps" or "deflectors".

The OE Skoda mudflaps look to me to be too small to have any real functionality. Assuming you're looking for functionality.
Potential fitment issues on the rear of some post-facelift cars too, apparently.

I have Heko deflectors fitted, and they do a good job of deflecting wind when the window is open.
But they do create a bit of wind noise audible with the window closed at higher speeds, and they make cleaning the outside of the glass a little more tricky.
Not massive problems, but I probably wouldn't bother with them if I was commuting daily on a motorway, for example.

·
Registered
2016 Yeti 1.2 TSI SE Outdoor (Moon White Met) Heated front/rear screen, heated seats and sat nav
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's lots of threads on here to read through if you search for "mudflaps" or "deflectors".

The OE Skoda mudflaps look to me to be too small to have any real functionality. Assuming you're looking for functionality.
Potential fitment issues on the rear of some post-facelift cars too, apparently.

I have Heko deflectors fitted, and they do a good job of deflecting wind when the window is open.
But they do create a bit of wind noise audible with the window closed at higher speeds, and they make cleaning the outside of the glass a little more tricky.
Not massive problems, but I probably wouldn't bother with them if I was commuting daily on a motorway, for example.
Yeah after mudflaps that do the job tbh, still look good?

So the genuine ones too small?

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,874 Posts
Due to the shape of the Yeti there is a large low pressure area behind it, which sucks all the crud off the road into it, so even fitting a set of rear flaps is not going to cure that, no matter how big they are.

This was after approx 40 miles of the Hafren Stage on WRGB.

My Niro is as bad or perhaps even worse! This was after about 20 miles in the same forest doing some survey work last
year

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Due to the shape of the Yeti there is a large low pressure area behind it, which sucks all the crud off the road into it, so even fitting a set of rear flaps is not going to cure that, no matter how big they are.

This was after approx 40 miles of the Hafren Stage on WRGB.

My Niro is as bad or perhaps even worse! This was after about 20 miles in the same forest doing some survey work last
year View attachment 6208
Haha okay! Well just for the look and style I'd still like some haha, gonna fit the wind deflectors though.

So is that with any on at all?

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,874 Posts
Yes there were flaps fitted to the Yeti, and I did try some longer ones but it made no difference, the back got filthy. I haven't bothered getting any for the Niro.
Off into Radnor Forest doing radio on the Woodpecker Rally tomorrow and it's been raining here today so it will be interesting to see what I look like when we've finished.

As for wind deflectors, I have fitted Team Heko ones to all 3 of my last cars and wouldn't be without them. They allow me to be parked up with a small ventilation gap even when it is pouring down with rain, so I don't get misted up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had Heko wind deflectors fitted to my last two yeti's and my current one - would not be without them.
Had Clim Air ones fitted to my old SAAB 99 in the past.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same wish here Cubes, it wasn't a turbo unfortunately but what a solid car and easy to work on, I had it for fourteen years and it even got me back from the West Coast of France with a blown head gasket towing a loaded camping trailed,four cycles and family of five - what memories.!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts