Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member - first post ...... I have a 2014 (64 reg) Yeti Elegance Petrol Automatic, ca. 42k miles - generally very pleased with the quality and general driving (second owner).

A couple of weeks ago after some 50 miles on the motorway the engine turned suddenly very "rough" with EPC/Engine/Traction warning lights coming on. I was able to limp home on emergency (?) engine mode. I thought there's a serious problem.

After a week I could take it to my usual garage (independent). They found the engine was misfiring on 3 cyclinders (!). This was fixed with new plugs and HT leads. As it was due an MOT they also replaced the rear brake disks and pads (already an advisory last year). Passed ok with no warning lights showing.

When I collected the car the tyre pressure warning came on and could not be reset. They checked the pressure and still warning showed. They test drove it and and warning light disappreared. Couple of days later it was warnings galore: ABS/Traction/Tyre pressure/bend light/ power steering light on. Car runs perfect though - haven't been on any long or fast drives since then.

I have seen many similar reports here and elsewhere but no indication of what was done to resolve the issue(s). Some suggestions that battery power levels may have an impact. Using a simple multimeter I found that the battery on cold had 12.4V and after a drive 13.4V. Not sure whether that's normal - the battery seems to be the original "made in Czech".

Before I go back to my garage, or even Skoda, and potentially pay a lot of money, I just like to find out what I'm looking at ... Thanks for your inputs.

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,023 Posts
It could well be the reluctor rings (one in each hub) that provide the pulses for the ABS.
They have been known to give most of the the symptoms you describe.

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,874 Posts
12.4v as a resting figure hints that your battery is getting past it's best, and at 7 years old is doing remarkably well.
As Urrell says there is also the possibility that one of the reluctor rings is faulty. What you really need is someone with a good fault code reader to check what codes are being generated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
New member - first post ...... I have a 2014 (64 reg) Yeti Elegance Petrol Automatic, ca. 42k miles - generally very pleased with the quality and general driving (second owner).

A couple of weeks ago after some 50 miles on the motorway the engine turned suddenly very "rough" with EPC/Engine/Traction warning lights coming on. I was able to limp home on emergency (?) engine mode. I thought there's a serious problem.

After a week I could take it to my usual garage (independent). They found the engine was misfiring on 3 cyclinders (!). This was fixed with new plugs and HT leads. As it was due an MOT they also replaced the rear brake disks and pads (already an advisory last year). Passed ok with no warning lights showing.

When I collected the car the tyre pressure warning came on and could not be reset. They checked the pressure and still warning showed. They test drove it and and warning light disappreared. Couple of days later it was warnings galore: ABS/Traction/Tyre pressure/bend light/ power steering light on. Car runs perfect though - haven't been on any long or fast drives since then.

I have seen many similar reports here and elsewhere but no indication of what was done to resolve the issue(s). Some suggestions that battery power levels may have an impact. Using a simple multimeter I found that the battery on cold had 12.4V and after a drive 13.4V. Not sure whether that's normal - the battery seems to be the original "made in Czech".

Before I go back to my garage, or even Skoda, and potentially pay a lot of money, I just like to find out what I'm looking at ... Thanks for your inputs.
On the 2.0 diesel all of the aforementioned are covered by a single fuse (no. 4 under the bonnet). Might be just that; worth checking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This kind of issue seems to be a regular over the years, here and elsewhere.
Thanks for the comments so far. Will be keeping an eye on the battery....
Today there hasn't been any warning lights come up - fingers crossed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've just had problems with a rear hub reluctor ring. My car didn't go into limp mode, despite the severity of the damage to the ring. Error lights for steering, traction control and ABS. Once you have a fault its stored, so the detail should be retrievable. Carista did read the fault code for a rear/right ABS sensor fault. Battery voltage could be an issue given its age. The voltage readings look OK but when loaded could be dropping due to internal resistance. Where do you live?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just had problems with a rear hub reluctor ring. My car didn't go into limp mode, despite the severity of the damage to the ring. Error lights for steering, traction control and ABS. Once you have a fault its stored, so the detail should be retrievable. Carista did read the fault code for a rear/right ABS sensor fault. Battery voltage could be an issue given its age. The voltage readings look OK but when loaded could be dropping due to internal resistance. Where do you live?
Hi I'm in South Bucks. Since my last post there haven't been any warnings this week, car drives fine, just around town and nearby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts