Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
4,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave. :)

The most recommended mod is to get it dirty by driving it.;)

What model/fuel type have you got? With a diesel then a OBD2 dongle and a copy of VAGDPF on a smart phone otr tablet may be worth the relatively small cost to monitor the state of the DPF.

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum
Some rubber mats would be good if not fitted, the best are the genuine Skoda type. They can be bought new from a dealer or used on eBay or Gumtree. Here are some on gumtree if you are interested, no bidding so the price does not go up and if you are in England you are allowed to go and get them.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. The following extras were worthwhile additions to our Yeti: rubber floor mats, dog guard, spare wheel, boot liner, sill guards, leather cleaner/polish (or Scotchguard for fabric seats), Invisible Glass window cleaner, various Autoglym products, including Aquawax, Climair wind deflectors, Archoil (diesel) fuel additive and a radiator stone guard. Enjoy your Yeti! Best wishes Jimmy

Reactions: Dave Winterton

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there a general consensus on getting a spare wheel to replace the foam stuff?
I can see that the fact that you can't repair a punctured tyre after using the foam is a factor but you need a new boot floor etc to get a spare wheel dont you?

·
Administrator
4,665 Posts
The tyre can be repaired after using the gunk but would need to be assessed for damage. Some tyre fitting companies say they can't be repaired as they would rather sell you a new tyre.

Yes you need a different boot floor as it is higher on a level with the boot lip when you have a spare. There are also some polystyrene boxes which fit around the spare which can hold the jack etc you will also need. There are some photos of the spare wheel configuration here.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Is there a general consensus on getting a spare wheel to replace the foam stuff?
I can see that the fact that you can't repair a punctured tyre after using the foam is a factor but you need a new boot floor etc to get a spare wheel dont you?
I've had spares in both of my Yetis, and in the 10 years I've owned them I've never used them, and I often drive on surfaces that are NOT tyre friendly. I note that the Niro I've ordered doesn't come with one and I shall not be acquiring one.

And tyres can be repaired by washing the jelly out with warm water, but tyre fitters don't want to do that as it takes time and there is no profit in tyre repairs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had spares in both of my Yetis, and in the 10 years I've owned them I've never used them, and I often drive on surfaces that are NOT tyre friendly. I note that the Niro I've ordered doesn't come with one and I shall not be acquiring one.

And tyres can be repaired by washing the jelly out with warm water, but tyre fitters don't want to do that as it takes time and there is no profit in tyre repairs.
Hmm interesting, maybe I will stick with the foam

·
Administrator
4,665 Posts
So my yeti has a full size spare does that mean I need a different boot liner as the floor is higher up?
If you are talking about the rubber/plastic floor liner then yes they are a different shape as can be seen:

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
I've use mine twice so from my point of view the best £84 I have ever spent (fitted to car when built). When in use you cannto tell any difference in the handling so don't be tempted to buy a "biscuit" for a spare.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
My approach is to have gunk and a spare. If the puncture happened on a dark, wet and windy journey on the Moors, then the first attempt would be gunk. If that failed, then I'd probably call Skoda Assistance. I carry a head torch to help with the former and a bottle jack/puck to help to change the wheel in daylight/good weather.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My approach verges on paranoia! I carry a spare wheel, goo can and plugging kit in addition to head torch and wheel alignment tool. But then I did have three punctures in as many weeks in 2018 - one in the wilds of Dartmoor, far from any mobile signal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are talking about the rubber/plastic floor liner then yes they are a different shape as can be seen:
Thanks for the link correct boot liner and mats ordered

·
Registered
887 Posts
I carry a spare wheel, goo can and plugging kit
I may be one along on the paranoia scale: OEM gunk, spare wheel, Holts Tyre Weld x 2 and a plugging kit.

One other part to my kit is a wheel bolt wrench with an extending handle. The point of that is not especially the longer handle but the proper socket on the business end, rather than the vaguely bolt head shaped end of the OEM wrench.
This was inspired after stopping to help a chap in a Ford Focus on Dartmoor who was clearly having some issue with a wheel. In trying to undo the wheel nuts he'd rounded off the socket on the end of the standard wrench. I was in the Discovery so the 27mm wheek nut socket and breaker bar were no good. I had the right size socket but only with a 3/8" drive ratchet which gave insufficient leverage to release the nut. I left him waiting for his mate to turn up with some better tools.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have ordered a boot liner so I guess Im not getting a spare wheel in the near future, had to choose which liner to get as I note that they are different depending on whether you have a wheel:)...its foam for now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts