Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the hand book and played around can't find a Mute button for the radio/cd. On my scirroco which is pretty much the same radioI just push the on/off button for a sec and it mutes the system, not so on Betty (my Yeti) am I missing something? Edited by: cotswoldlad

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
cotswoldlad said:
I've read the hand book and played around can't find a Mute button for the radio/cd. On my scirroco which is pretty much the same radioI just push the on/off button for a sec and it mutes the system, not so on Betty (my Yeti) am I missing something?

on mine I just press the volume roller control on the steering wheel not the same radio as yours but should do the same thing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Afraid it doesn't work, if I do that it activates the voice command function. Maybe I don't have a mute function because of the voice activation?

·
Administrator
14,599 Posts
As Davejavu said, on the Bolero press the phone button (No5 in the manual), I find it easier to drop the volume with the roller button, then I don't have to let go of the steering wheel or look away from the road. It might be different with the Amunsden which I don't have.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I noticed when playing a track off the SD card, when you turn the volume down to zero it pauses the track!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same question on an SE Plus which has the Amundsen and steering wheel controls. Pressing in the left hand steering wheel thumbwheel does indeed activate phone voice control so isn't the solution to turning down the radio.

I couldn't work out for a long time how to turn the radio or CD player off and leave the satnav voice audible. I finally worked out that the volume control on the middle panel, and rotation of the left thumbwheel control on the steering wheel, do the same thing, and that either of them can mute (turn down to zero) the sound that is active at the time. So you can effectively mute the radio or CD, and then if you want the satnav voice back up just press the centre button on the Amundsen, to give you a current location, and while she is speaking use the sound level control to turn her up to the level you want. This leaves the radio muted.

Strange how hard it is to find this out. It would be so much more intuitive to have made the radio main button a 'toggle' so that it switches this on or off completely. Has anyone found a simpler way?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just changed my Roomster SE Plus for a Yeti S. The Roomster had steering wheel controls so to mute the radio you simply had to momentarily press the rotary button on the left hand side of the wheel. However, my Yeti does not have steering wheel controls so how do I mute the radio? Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Which radio unit do you have?
If a Bolero, press the "Phone" button on the radio.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's a Skoda Swing radio. This afternoon I went back to the dealership and asked them where the 'mute' button was and was told it didn't have one. Looks like I'll just have to turn it down as required. Having just had my Yeti I'm still exploring what it has to offer - its second hand with just under three thousand miles on the clock and has the smallest engine (1.2 TSI) I've had for decades but first impressions are very good. Over my first 400 miles I'm averaging 43.1 mpg at speeds of 55-65 mph.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
You;ll find that the Handbook is very good, but takes some wading through!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts