Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I mentioned ""Questions
will follow soon""� on my first posting and now having read the manual again it's
time for those questions.

1. In the
internal light cluster above the mirror are two very small (a couple of mm wide)
lights which stay on during night time driving ie when the external lights are
on, as they don't seem to be strong enough to do anything....what are they for?.
I always notice them in my peripheral vision.

2. In the
armrest compartment is a hooked lever to adjust airflow......any thoughts on
why/what?

3. The rear
wiper has an intermittent wipe when the front wipers are switched on. The other
day on the motorway it drove me mad as it was doing dry wipes......argh the
noise! I assume this cannot be switched off!

4. Opinions requiredon this one ""“ both the front driver side main headlamp and fog light have
condensation a third of the way up the lens, been like this for weeks now.
Could this be a sealant issue I wonder?

Much
appreciated for any thoughts on the above.
There are a few more questions, but I will save them for a rainy day

·
Registered
862 Posts
You're not meant to admit to reading the manual I have not 'honest'1. In the internal light cluster above the mirror are two very small (a couple of mm wide) lights which stay on during night time driving ie when the external lights are on, as they don't seem to be strong enough to do anything....what are they for?. They seem to light up the white detail on the controlswithout making the cabin too bright.
2. In the armrest compartment is a hooked lever to adjust airflow......any thoughts on why/what?
When the Air con is switched on and you have the lever pulled up (open)it cools the compartment like a cool box. same applies to the glove box.
3. The rear wiper has an intermittent wipe when the front wipers are switched on. The other day on the motorway it drove me mad as it was doing dry wipes......argh the noise! I assume this cannot be switched off!
Yes it can be switched off via the Multi display on the dash.
4. Opinions requiredon this one ""“ both the front driver side main headlamp and fog light have condensation a third of the way up the lens, been like this for weeks now. Could this be a sealant issue I wonder?
The lamps are vented, there is a note in the book saying its normal in cold weatherand dries out when lamps on.

Much appreciated for any thoughts on the above. There are a few more questions, but I will save them for a rainy day
Next

Edited by: RickT

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks RickT very helpful. Who needs a manual when people like yourself are about

Regarding the rear wiper - I havelooked in the Multi display already but obviously not hard enough, so I will try again.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It's something like Unchecking the box next to 'Auto rear wipe'

·
Registered
423 Posts
The two very small lights in the light cluster actually send down tiny beams of light to illuminate the area between the front seats, so your passenger (NOT the driver!) can find their choccies in the dark.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I lasted about a week with the lights by the rear view mirror but I found them too distracting. 3cm of electricians tape later and they stopped being a distraction

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"I lasted about a week with the lights by the rear view mirror but I found them too distracting. 3cm of electricians tape later and they stopped being a distraction"

Must admit I'm tempted to do this also, I keep trying to ignore these white dots.....but can't!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Rear wash/wipe. On the wiper stalk on the right hand side of the steering wheel there are 4 positions. Push it all the way down and hold it, its the rear wash wipe. If you release it its the intermitant wipe. Pull it up one notch the intermitant wipe is off. Obviously when you pull it right up its the screen wash/wipe. If your car is fitted with headlamp washers they work on every 5th wash of the screen. I hope that this helps. It took me a few weeks to work this one out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Yetimick. Since my enquiry I've un-ticked a box in the Multi display on the dash as suggested by RickT, as of yet I've not had chance to see whether this has done the job - if not I will have a look at your suggestion.Thanks again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its great owning a Yeti and being a member of this forum, you find out so much useful information.I was aware of some of the points being mentioned following the original message, but unless you sit down for a couple of days and digest the full manual (not much chance of that then!), there is always likely to be something that you don't know about.
I have my own question; How do you adjust the windscreen washer jets? I have noticed there is what appears to be a small adjusting screw next to the jet (under the rear lip of the bonnet when closed), but does this alter the angle of spray, and if so, how easy is it to adjust?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
suzz said:
I never knew about the cool box thing .... Thank you.
It's in both the armrest storage box AND the glovebox. A handy feature to have in the summer months.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
If you find the wipers catch the edge of the bonnet when you raise them to scrape the windscreen, when you switch off and remove the ignition key, press down on the wiper stalk, the wipers will raise to 12 o'clock and remain there until the key is put back into the ignition.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rick T was spot on regarding the rear wiper, now it comes on when I select reverse (providing the front wipers are on) other than that it comes on when Iswitch it on, just what I wanted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts