Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a petrol 2017 Yeti (with the Amundsen unit I believe) and the radio and satnav seem to need frequent resetting.
I turn the radio on and find that the channels cannot be changed as if the screen has frozen and wont respond to touch.
With the sat nav, there's a similar issue the touch screen either doesn't respond at all or allows some entry, i.e. half a postcode and then wont allow further input which has made me resort to using my TomTom.
Sometimes resetting the unit by holding in the on/off button works but sometimes it doesnt?
Any ideas of what to do?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the screen? I gather the touch screen if dirty can cause strange effects.....

·
Administrator
5,898 Posts
This issue of screen not responding or freezing seems to have become a more commonly reported problem of late. It could be indicative of a systemic issue with Skoda head units or maybe even something to do with lockdown and cars getting a lot less frequent use so battery problems, car interiors over heating in the summer sunshine. One member has gone as far as replacing the touch screen but it's not an easy fix so wich we could offer one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This issue of screen not responding or freezing seems to have become a more commonly reported problem of late. It could be indicative of a systemic issue with Skoda head units or maybe even something to do with lockdown and cars getting a lot less frequent use so battery problems, car interiors over heating in the summer sunshine. One member has gone as far as replacing the touch screen but it's not an easy fix so wich we could offer one.
I have a similar issue - no response when pressing New Destination. Tried re setting, by holding the on/off button in for 12 sec - didn't work. I phoned nearest Skoda service centre (Citygate in Slough) and they wanted £149 just to diagnose then moer to fix it. Anyone any ideas ? Or perhaps I abandon it and get a Garmin windscreen sat nav

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
7,606 Posts
Or perhaps I abandon it and get a Garmin windscreen sat nav
Or if you already have a smartphone just download Google Maps app for free? Helps to have a moderate data download capacity, as part of your phone or network contract, to get traffic updates on the move. Even if not, up to date route maps for a journey can be downloaded before leaving home/start place, via wifi. Then used en-route.

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
If you have an old smartphone why not do what I do and use the old one as a satnav you don't even need a sim in it, if you need data use the new one as a hotspot. I was on a PPE run when the satnav spoke, the phone rang and Zello called all at the same time, I had to completely turn off and restart the phone.

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
If they want a lot to fix it, the TomTom phone app is £12.99 per year with any map anywhere in the world, live traffic and speed cameras included.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my screen freeze a few months ago. It happened after I had been sitting in slow moving traffic for a long time and my theory was that the charge in the battery got low and caused the screen to freeze. No idea if this really was the cause. When I got home I disconnected a battery terminal and left it 5 minutes before reconnecting. My theory was this would cause the screen to reboot. It worked and it’s been fine since so this is something you might want to try as it’s an easy fix if it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts