Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that some owners here refer to their Yeti by name....and even gender !
It would be interesting to hear what you call yours and why ?

In my case her name is 'SKETI', which came about when trying to describe it to friends
prior to purchase and managed to jumble the words Skoda and Yeti.
It has stuck and she wears it well, though it is the first of all my cars that I have named.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mine is called 'Willie John' being the first two letters of the registration plate.
The name also pays homage to a great rugby player and British Lion - Willie John McBride - a rugby forward 'par excellance'.

·
Administrator
4,537 Posts
'arry, as Arrietty is a character in The Borrowers, a story about the under-tall, like me.

Yeh, my kids complain about my sense of humour too!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
My wife also calls ours the Sketi Yeti as well. I don't know where that came from.
She also likes Bretty Yeti....no points for guessing how she got that one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
JohnHB
Your reference to 'spoonerism' has taken me back, nearly 60 years, studying English Literature!! What a time warp!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Fondly,mine is known as Yowie.

The Yowie
(Gigantopithecus australis)

(Also called Yoser, Tjangara, Yowrie, Yayho, Koyoreowen, Lo-an, Jimbra, Turramulli, Jingera and Youree.)

Although mostly associated with the Eastern States, the Yowie is worth mentioning here as they have been known to migrate and as the Western Australian outback is so vast there is no telling when one may be encountered there.

The Yowie is possibly related to the American Bigfoot or Sasquatch and is very similar in appearance. A cousin of these creatures is the Yeti of South East Asia.

There are some Aboriginal dreamtime legends about battles with a race of hairy ape men with an emphatic victory going to the Aborigines because of their use of weapons whereas the ape-men fought only with their bare hands.

All Yowie appear to be man or ape like but much taller than humans and covered with some sort of long hair or fur. Yowies are said to smell like the sparks given off by an electrical appliance as it burns out so it is easy to tell if one is lurking about because the smell is so strong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts